• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 21, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt-
Those tires were made by Carlisle for a small (older) forklift, but after looking at the current Carlisle catalog, I see they are no longer made. I just wanted something "different". Eventually that tractor is going to get a loader/hoe built on it.

Thanks to all for the confirmation that I mounted the tires correctly. I was worried...
roflol.gif

good thing i only have i pair of 26-12-12 tires cause id have to put duals on my 128 lol

Charlie, I'm thinking we'll get 4-8" in Fargo-Moorhead, but I'm hoping for 2'. If not, my snow fences should catch some extra snow from the wind on Friday-Saturday.
happy.gif

Allen S.
If it's like these pics, I play with the Cubs.
183020.jpg

183021.jpg

183022.jpg

183023.jpg

183024.jpg

But when it reaches this height on my office window, which means it's 3 ft. plus.
183025.jpg

I bring out the big meat.
183026.jpg

well i finally got some pics from my snow adventure saturday, if i feel real motavated ill get the ones i snaped with my phone and post em. anyways this is right in front of my house, i ended up plowing my whole hill because the township never came to do it, and i did probably 8 other driveways and a parking lot... i think we had about 6 or 7 inches... most weve got in a while!
183030.jpg

183031.jpg

this was early saturday morning, it snowed all day saturday and some sunday.

Found an 800 tonight. I don't know if it's for sale yet because I've not talked to the owner--just his wife. She had that familiar tone that we all know when she said "He says he's gonna fix it up." The good news is she took my phone number, unlike the last wife I talked to.

Some parts appear to be missing unless he has them stashed, so hwhat I need to know in case it comes down to price negotiation. Are side panels and lower grille for the 800 the same as for the 1000, 1200, 1450, & 1650? Did it use a manual or electric PTO clutch? If manual, was it the later style with the integral brake? Judging from the pictures I've found I think the grille and panels interchange and it uses an electric clutch, but I want to confirm.

Also, it has a 42" deck, 8.5" wide rear tires and the fronts look a little bit wider than 4.8, but not quite 6". Would this be correct? The pictures in Updike's books show skinny tires and a stamped deck.

Thanks,
Jerry

Jerry-

The side panels and grille insert are the same. Electric clutch. Make sure it has the correct muffler, muffler box, air cleaner, and preferably, the small starter. All of these things are unique to the 800. It'll have either narrow or wide front wheels just like anything else.

Back