• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 20, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaytay

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Home of the Plow Special
Ross-
I'm with Kendell... I've used cardboard and a glue-gun for mock ups before. It's easy to work with and it's free!
happy.gif

Here is a mock up I did on a Gannon Earthcavator I got that was missing the top-link-mount.
74146.jpg

...and as proof that cardboard works, here's the final product.
happy.gif

74147.jpg

I have yet to mock-up an entire implement using cardboard, but maybe we should start by mocking up Kraig's Utility vehicle project.
roflol.gif

Art - From looking at your welds you should'a stayed with the glue gun
biggrin.gif

Allen, problem with that logic is that I'm one of the guilty parties.
blush.gif

Art, I have a pretty good supply of cardboard right now!
buttrock.gif

I didn't really get a answer to my question about aquiring a rubber edge to my push blade, so I just went out and did it. A little phone book time and here is the results. I used 1/2" x 6 x 40" (cut down to 4" tall) rubber conveyer skirting. The guy showed me conveyer material and explained that it was a little too flexible for what I wanted to do he thought, (after all, it is designed to bend). The skirting material is very stiff. I have enough material to do 3 more 48" blades if anyones interested. I will list that in the classified section.
74154.jpg

74155.jpg

74156.jpg

74157.jpg

74158.jpg

Turned out good I thought. It will certainly keep me from chipping driveways and coming to a dead stop from hitting cracks while pushing snow. I have a second blade with a newer steel edge for icey stuff. If you notice, the blade is not Cub blade, it is a Bolens that was custom fitted by the former owner. He built his own custom hanger similar to the one for Cubs. I was going to get rid of it and replace it with a Cub blade, but a fellow Cub owner said that the Bolens blade is taller than the Cub and therefore should handle more/deeper snow. No problems with the Bolens, so I see no need to switch.

KENtuckyKen

I think Art did real good welding the cardboard to the framework on that Gannon.

Aint to many folks I know that can weld paper tp steel.

This is why I need to hang out more here. I need to have someone (a local metal fabricator that I know) craft a new lift rod for my hybrid Cub/Bolens snow plow set-up. I want to make it out of 3/8" x 1.5" flat stock. I was going to draw it out etc., but using cardboard to make a mock up is a great idea. It will work well for my project. I never would have thought of it. It takes the project from a 2 dimensional drawing to a 3 dimensional mock-up that can be fine tuned and engineered better. You guys are awesome, thanks for the idea.

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+2">HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO EVERYONE</font>
</font>I will see you all again in 2008
<font size="-2">I know, thanks for the warning,right?</font>

While I am off work for the holidays I am going to be doing some swaping of parts around between my 100 go-fast and my 127 and some other parts I have picked up in the past couple of weeks.
Photos will be posted when I return next year.

We..ell, all these pics of steering boxes & cardboard mock ups has dragged me out of lurking, (after 2 pre Christmas family excursiona, BTW seasons greetings to all). My Honda fit to the 102 was pre-modelled with some cardboard cutouts before tackling steel, &, if my picture posting skills work, below is the repair to my 'Ouch' steering box. Getting a replacement to down here was proving too difficult & costly for shipping, so had a local alloy weld shop weld a piece of tube on the end, then around to a friends place to turn the thread inside, internal parts came from MTD thru local agent.
74168.jpg

74169.jpg

Talking about replacement blades. Here at the hospital with all the sidewalks and such we were going thru blades way to quick. So having a buddy at the County Hyway dept. I asked if he had any used blades from their snow equipment.

Took the one he gave me, modified it to fit the the holes and this set up has lasted us for years.

Still working on the 1650 electrical problem.As of last night I am walking away from it for a couple days before I take the dbl. barrel 12 guage shotgun and start 100 yd. target practice.

bash.gif
bazooka.gif

Pops

Pops; I've found that pointing an unloaded shotgun at my 1650 encourages it to start sometimes! If that fails, I recommend an Extra-Full turkey choke!
bazooka.gif

I enjoyed the post's on the Cub Cadet Pickups the other day. That is one of my future plans. I have been thinking about different ways to do it. Would there be any interest in starting a thread in the sandbox on that subject, so we could discuss different ideas?

Bobby: LOL. Sounds like the right plan to me. I know that I am taking my manuals home from work and starting the process from point A. I have had things stump me before but usually a little while from it and the old light bulb finally kicks on.

Problay wouldn't shoot it anyway. Got the guns in the cabinet locked up and I am trying to remember were I hid the shells. Old age
old.gif
bash.gif

Pops

Kraig: Talked to Steve the other day I think we are finally going to get together soon so I can get pictures of the one he had at the Wabash tractor show. Will be a good addition of what you guys are talking about.

Pops

Art,
I think you need to "unload" that Gannon. Where/when can I meet you to pick it up?

well another Cub 149 upgrade. new Tru Powers 4 ply for the tractor and weights. Q what amount of air do you guys use in 23x10.5x12. i used 12 lbs. later and happy Xmas. Don
74172.jpg

Don Lookin' good, especially with no hydro oil underneath.
wave.gif

Ken-
I'm sorry this isn't up to your specs. I'm happy with it for a guy who picked up a welder for the 3rd time at that point.

74175.jpg

Next time I'll put it in an envelope and send it to you so you can do it the right way!

Tom-
You can't....
wink.gif

Back