• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 19, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well i need like the length and how big to drill the holes. u know stuff like that

But thanks charlie!

Ok never mind! You are on top of things! Dang guy! thanks alot! Is that how you build yours?

See my friend is a big tractor guy and a deere guy. His deere has a 3 point. Its funny to see a lawn tractor with a 3 point. But he has never even seen a sleeve hitch in his life and he has been around tractors longer than i have. To him its his whole life.

Here's mine.
47366.jpg

Hello All...I have a QA36 question: I took the sprocket bracket off the back of the snowthrower last night and was surprised. Has anyone seen a brass collared sleeve and bushing in the place of the pin bearings in the aluminum sprocket bracket? I took it off last night thinking I had to replace the bearings and found there weren't any! Was this a factory one-off or was the PO a machinist? The holes are bigger than normal to fit the sleeve.

Thanks and Merry Christmas,

Jimmy Mac

For those of you that know Warren Newton. Craig E. has a thread going over in the Comin's & Going's section that might be of interest to you about his health and family.

David, that swiveling shift lever could be caused by a couple of things. Most likely just a sheared roll pin but it could be the cup that is welded onto the shift lever has cracked apart or the locating pin on the front of the shift plate "cone" has fallen out.

47369.jpg

47370.jpg

Above is a photo of the cup that is welded onto the shift lever. This can over time fatigue and crack around the lever. The slot fits onto a locating pin that is press fit into the front of the "cone" of shift lever base.

JIM Mc. - My guess would be the PO was a machinist or knew one. I tore up one of those castings MANY years ago. I figured My QA-36 was junk but My Cubbie dealer had five in stock. With bearings, sprocket, zerks, etc. the replacement casting cost more than I paid for the whole blower it it works!
Charlie & All - WHEEL weights....I have a set like Michael's also.... They will fit without drilling more holes. I think I've had them on every Cubbie I've had, 70, 72, 128, 982. I have a set JUST like Charlie's JD weights....but I bought Mine used in about 1970 all rusty, no paint, inch of dust from setting in a hog house for 20+ yrs for $5/pair. I spent more for the carriage bolts, washers, & nuts than I did on the weights. Not sure whole made them but it wasn't JD.

Concerning Michael's wheel weights, as I understand it from an old time Cub dealer, they are for Cub's with internal brakes and go on the inside of the wheels. I also have a set with an adapter I built on my 109 with external brakes.

Ken, Ken, Ken,

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him.....

John G.-

Those aren't IH weights. Your Cub Dealer is saying that the IH weights will fit on the inside of the wheel on internal brake rears. As far as I know, IH didn't make more than one style of weights for IH Cub Cadets.

Latest posts

Back