• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 15, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started Tearin' down the 106 today. Accidentally Broke off a head bolt. Tryin' to get it out but it ain't workn very well. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated
111492.jpg

111493.jpg

111494.jpg

111495.jpg

111496.jpg

Cory, you are still lucky. Hang in there. This will work. Get out a file and flatten the top of that bolt untill you can find center. Then drill a very small hole"1/16" all the way through the bolt. You should feel when it breaks through. Easy on the pressure, broken bit is kind of bad!!! NOW flood the hole with a GOOD penatrating oil. This prosess gets the oil to the bottem of the threads. Now get a set of "vice grips set up to clamp really tight. Now before clamping them on heat the bolt with a propane torch. Yes it will smoke a lot. Now the heat will draw the oil UP into the threads at the bottem of the threads. Really helps. Now as the cold grips are clamped on the "cool"now shrinks the bolt metal just a bit. It should turn. Try just a wiggle at first. I have great luck with this method. Somtimes welding a nut on can be the next try. I don't like welding spatter around engines. Good luck, Should take about 15 min.Yup I am cheap!!!

Oh, if you use grade 8 replacement bolts this should never happen again. Anti-seze is your friend on an old cub!

Hi All,
I was lucky enough to buy an IH built CC 582 last week. The tractor is in pretty nice shape, but has been repowered with an 18hp Honda. The side panels and hood have been cut out to accomodate the muffler on the Honda. Anyone know of any other kind of aftermarket muffler that might work instead so I can restore the side panels to their original appearance?
Thanks for all replys....Marty

Marty:
Post some pics so we know what you're starting with..It may help to see what kind of clearances you've got to work with... I'm betting that you'd better start making friends with a decent weldor, preferably someone with a TIG welder, comfortable with fabbing exhaust. It's actually not all that bad, but takes a little bit of patience.
lazerburn.gif

There is a 482 for sale locally. Says it's a 1980 with a 11hp briggs and a nice deck.

Whats the story on this red model?

Have not been here in a while.
Does any one know what the Thickness of a Disk Brake Pad?

ihrotate.gif

patrick doyle (Pdoyle) or someone? i need to pick up a coil for my 125 this morning and i have a set of brake pads to do on the 149 and was wondering what kind of glue you guys use to put on the new pads. Thanks Later Don T
1a_scratchhead.gif
old.gif

Matt S
The headlight picture is for a 70/100, and is probably not a homemade panel. There were two different kinds of retainer rings used on the 70/100's - the early ones used what is commonally called the double ring set that was basically two of the inside retainer rings and they recessed the lights in the panel. The later version used a front ring and a single retainer ring like the 1x2/3, 1x2/4 series tractors, and they positioned the light closer/flush to the front of the panel.

Timothy G
There is some question on whether a 482 is a Cub Cadet "Garden Tractor", although IH advertised and sold it as one. It has a single cylinder B&S engine, is shaft driven to a right angle gear box, and then belt driven from that gear box to a 4 sp Peerless transaxle. They used a belt tightening idler pulley as a clutch. There was a version of the 582, the 582 Special, that used the same drive system and Peerless transaxle, but use the B&S flat twin that was used in the regular 582. There were a couple of yellow and white versions built also (1100 by IH, 580 by CCC)

Latest posts

Back