• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 22, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any suggestions on how to seal exaust leaks where muffler attaches to pipe on K series?

Bill G. -

First thing - beat the split tubing on the muffler into submission. Make sure it seats on the nipple perfectly.

Second, if it's one of the long diagonal mufflers, it helps if you use the muffler clamp that comes with the muffler instead of the oft substituted U-bolt clamp. The clamp that comes with the muffler can be positioned such that it covers up just about all of the slots in the tubing.

Oh yeah, and make sure the muffler is pushed ALL THE WAY on the nipple.

I also was going to ask about the "Point Saver" someone was talking about. I think I have something similar for Onan in my Rotary Prime Line catalog.

Todd M,
Looks great. Please take Kraig M up on his resizing offer. I'd like to see more.

Gov:
I value the invitation, but do they serve burgers? . . .
chef.gif

lol.gif

Bryan said nipple, twice in the same post.......

It is snot freezing cold around here. Looks like I may have to drag the 682 around to the garage to figure out what is up with the starter again. It is stuck in the engage postion this time.
sad.gif

I guess this time it will come all the way apart and get really cleaned and graphited!!

Hello All,

Christmas came early this year. I picked up a 102 with Johnson loader this past weekend. Been looking for one for a while and this one needs work, but I'm glad to finally have a loader.

One immediate need, the muffler is gone. Can anyone recommend a stack muffler since the hydro pump is on the PTO and there isn't room for a regular muffler.

Thanks,

Jimmy Mac

Jim, take a look down at Todd's "Black Stripe" 149. So how 'bout it Todd, what are the specifics on your stack setup?

Woke up to 6 more inches of snow this morning in S.E. Missouri. More blading and sled pulling. Oh what fun it is! Happy Holidays to everyone!
24350.jpg

Kirk- C'mon up here to the Great Green North... it's like... -8, and the grass is still green... frozen solid, but still green... :)

Ray Leo- I'm flattened... er... flattered!
clappy.gif

Bryan- Actually, I'll guarantee that they do, and the DOD has one, too... I worked on a 'project' for them many years ago, so I'm in there quite permanently. Don't ask, 'cause I'd hafta kill you, and you're the WebMaster...
err.gif

Just wanted to say Merry Christmas to all the Ladies and Gentlemen in Cadet Land!! (Guess I should include KKen,Bryan and even Digger Gramps
/or was it Grumpy?!) Keep those cubs cool.
err.gif

Kirk L.
My brother-in-law lives right down the road from you in Hayti Mo.He called to rub it in about all the snow they have,he knows we have None here in northern Illinios"Darn you guys are lucky"

Ran out to the store, bought a new plug, carb cleaner, PB blaster, and a dinky taillight.

I started to take my carb apart, but I ran into a problem.

The documentation I have I think applies to the Kohler Carbs, not the Walbro one I have.

Is the needle seat in my (Walbro) carb removable? Or is it just stuck? What should I be afraid of dipping the carb into the vat?

BTW, this carb is nasty, I know I'm gonna have to bring out a brush for this.

DK2 -

NP, I won't ask. The owner of the firm I work for can find out, he wanders the halls of the NSA quite a bit.
wink.gif

<font size="-2">I think he said top secret, maybe better?</font>

Zach -

The Kohler K-series engine manual covers the disassembly of BOTH carbureators in detail, including exploded drawings. You can download a copy from www.kohlerengines.com. Did I mention it's free? So there's no excuse not to have a copy.

You'll of course need a copy of Adobe Reader. That's free, too.

Donald S.
The snow we got the past two days is going to hang around for awhile. Supposed to get down to zero next couple of nights with daytime highs in only the teens. It's gonna be a "White Christmas" here!

Oh boy. Thats embarrassing.

I was looking in the Owners Manual, not the Service Manual.

I deserve
lazerburn.gif
for that one. I'll even crisp well if you do, I'm covered in gasoline.

Damn do I hate myself sometimes, you are completely right, I have no exuse not to have it.

Where is my Zippo?

(Message edited by zfriedman on December 23, 2004)

Guys,
Thanks for all the nice comments. It makes it all
worthwhile.
Kraig,
I'll send some pics to you.

To answer all the questions;

Paul A,
I used a double stackable valve from a newer CC
3000 series GT. The levers and linkage is all fabricated, patterned after the QL setup. The lines are all 3/8" brake tubing.

The air cleaner is the stock base with a longer stud and the lid is from a KT-17.

Kentuck,
That is a QL nose.

Tyler T,
I robbed too many tractors to count. 82 series
steering gear and wheel, QL nose and lights, 3000 series valve, 82 series driveshaft, etc...

Justin M,
I made the grille inserts out of 1/8" aluminum.
I cut Them out with a jigsaw.

Brian W,
That is a farmall cub muffler. The pipe is made up from a 45 and a 90 deg 1-1/2" exhaust pipe elbows cut and welded together.

Latest posts

Back