• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 14, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don Tanner i have about 12" snow and 0 temp. I would like to send you. My cub cadets are resting. Havent mowed the lawn in 8 weeks now. The dry weather took care of that.

Tarp garages are a pain,I know because I had one.If your not prepared to go out and after each snow storm and move the snow off them they will fall down.I had to leave a path down the center so from inside I could use a push broom to lift(push) the snow up and over the side rails where it would be trapped and not slide off.I made the base from railroad ties and bolted the sides down.Canadian tire sold lots of them around here . They don`t like wind and if you have to put them up where there is a lot of wind hitting the shelter they won`t last. I removed my 10' x 20' this year a built a 12' x 16'shed from wood and added a steel roof. The shelters are so fragile that if something touches the tarp inside the wind will cause it to wear through and you will have a large rip .btdt A friend here has bolted wood to his and added metal roofing and his is now 3 yrs old and will be replaced next spring with a wood shed. My .02
coffee.gif

Luther Ray Hinds

I`am ready for some snow .Its 38 deg F here this morning and sunny.I think this afternoon I will have to repair the xmas decorations that blew away yesterday with the gusts of 65 mph.I will have to Chain up the tires on my 149 and add some wheel weights and the snow blade to have that ready . most winters we don`t get snow till after xmas and then it won`t last more than a few days.Or weather seems to be changing from when I was a young lad lol. We had snow then in late September or October and it snowed every couple of days.I`am looking at the lower frame on evilpay for my 42" snow blower so that can be installed on a tractor if needed. I just want it to be workable and the PO did a number on the lower right lift arm.I think I will have winter snow removal covered soon here lol. I have all this equipment for snow removal .

Atv with 54" plow ,1512 Diesel with a 450 , Snapper walkbehind snow blower ,149 with IH 42" and 54" snow blades , and soon the 147 with a 42 IH snow thrower.

There is a for sale add here this am for a quickway loader for sale .
(Quickway hydraulic loader complete with bucket & grader blade for garden tractor. I also have PTO driven snow blower & 52 inch mowing deck. These implements came off an MTD garden tractor. the tractor starter failed and I never bothered to fix it. The tractor has Agricultural tires, wheel weights and a front mounted PTO and rear lifter bars) I better not go look at that because I don`t have the room to store it and the wife would shoot me lol.
1a_scratchhead.gif
shame.gif
old.gif

ANDREW - IMHO, CL sellers are about at clueless as fleabay sellers. CC models are the '61/'63 CC's, known as "originals", the 70/100; 71/102/122/123; 72/104/105/124/125; 73/106/107/126/127/147. These are all NF. WF's are 86/108/109/128/129/149/169; 800/1000/1200/1250/1450/1650.
Then you start with the red tractors, 482/582/582 Special/682/782/982.

After the MTD/CCC buy-out the numbering system got real confusing since there were yellow/white models identicle to red/white models for a couple years. But they're O/T here.

The info & aprox. dates & serial numbers are all listed on the home page of this site. Nice & handy for quick reference.

I agree with Don T..
Spend the extra money and get a better one like this. I had 28" on this one once all winter long and it's still standing today.
218032.jpg

Even when your there, the snow can come down faster than you can get it off in the middle of the night and this can happen.
218033.jpg

I sort of agree with you too Charlie but I don't think this design of a building/shed was meant for places where it snows so deep. The shape must be right for snow because the military uses it in extreme places but they are metal. In my 58 years I have never seen 28" here in the Carolinas or even half that amount. Of course with all of this global warming it may arrive next week. I am after a simple idea to get some of my crap out of the weather. The ribs made from the trampolines I speak of are pretty strong and spacing has an effect as well. The fact they can be acquired so easily and mostly free is why I came up with the idea. I plan to replace the tarp annually as well or add one over the existing tarp. It can also get as complicated and expensive as one would like. I'm hoping to remain minimal in that area.

Since I've joined this forum I have a new found respect for Eskimos.

I'm not sure how much snow this one could handle. I've never let more than 6" collect on it. I got it on sale at Menard's for around $200 late summer 2009. I figured at the time I bought it that if it lasted one year it would be worth it. So far I feel it was money well spent.

218035.jpg

218036.jpg

Was a nice sunrise this morning when I went out to take a photo of the tarp shed logo.

218037.jpg

a cozy -12 degrees and foggy in se wisconsin. still too much snow! another couple inches expected tomorow night. Gota pick up some more gas to clean up a little around the yard. might be picking up a nice 106 this weekend
coffee.gif

good grief.
looked on craiglist this moring and the deck is no longer listed. i was going to call on it but the listing is removed, probably because it was sold. still looking. looked on ebay again. there is a really nice solid looking deck, problem is the shipping is freight and it costs more than the deck. hopefully i can find something. if i cant find a solid deck, im wasting money on my investment. i know how solid these tractors are but if i cannot find a deck, what am i going to do with it? drive it in circles? these machines are no good without mowing decks. unfortantly most people dont take care of there decks and you end up with what i have now.

how much can you repair one of these decks until they are truely unrepairable? too bad somebody with the money and interest couldnt buy one of the old stamps for these decks and make new ones. of course those stamps are long gone. this is planned oboselence and it sucks. there are probably more tractors left at this point than decks.

thats the plan though. make an extremely well made tractor that will never need to be replaced but stop manufacturing the decks making the tractor almost useless. i love these old machines, but i buy them to do work with. im not buying a classic to restore and a newer POS mower to mow the lawn. this machine is going to have to "earn its keep", just like the greenie i have.

I purchased a used 12x20 "tarp" garage where the PO had bought two sets of the frame. He cut the 4ft horizontal pieces in half. Now there is an upright and roof support every 2ft instead of every 4ft.

This means less sagging of the tarp under snow.

I have not set it up yet. Bonnie doesn't like where I wanted to put it, and I need some more fill before erecting it behind the real garage.

what they should do is never change deck designs. keep producing the same deck/attachments and just make whatever design changes to the tractor over the years. that way attachments would always be avialable for you machine regardless of the year

Andrew, if they did that they wouldnt ever make any money. The reason they and every other manufacturer; (i dont care who it is), they do it. so when sell you something and goes down the drain, your just suppose to go out and buy a new one.
swear.gif

well i for one refuse to except that idea. thats the throw away society for you. the equipment that is made today is produced faster and cheaper than ever before. i refuse to pay thousands of dollars for low qaulity junk. so am i going to be able to find a good deck for my tractor or not? the one that i have now only has a couple small holes, could be patched. but im afraid that the metal is starting to get thin is several spots and its only going to be a losing battle. what about POR15, will that stuff really help prevent it from rotting away any worse? another problem with the deck is that the baffles are missing under the deck. they have rotted away. i dont know how that effects the mowing performance of this tractor.

what i want is a good rust free deck. if i had 1 good deck it would last forever with the way that I take care of them. the auction that lost on ebay really pissed me off. i lost by 2 bucks!! i was at work so i couldn't monitor the auction.

Andrew D.
Are ya ready? Here it comes!

You say you didn't get that deck yesterday because you got outbid.
The day before you said you you hoped it didn't go over $200.00 and it only went for $152.50.

All I've seen you do is piss and moan about not being able to buy a deck, which btw is not allowed. Check the rules.

Why haven't you posted in the Classifieds, in the Wanted section?
That's what they are there for.
thumbsup_old.gif

well when i left for work it was at 76 bucks. i put in a bid for 150 and thought that would have been adaquate. with 56 minutes on it, it went more than double.if i was home i would have kept bidding, but its hard to do when you have to go to work.im not going to piss and moan anymore, but i hope that i can find another good deck. also who knows what would have happened. i could have been outbid at 200 bucks as well. i just think its a shame that they dont make these decks anymore. i will post in the Classifieds in the wanted section. it needs to be local without 300 bucks for freight shipping.

if i was home the outcome may have been different, but its hard to control something like that when you are at work

Andrew, I think you are wrongly comparing the old <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Garden Tractors to the cheap lawn tractors that are available now- apple to oranges. Keep in mind that you can still buy quality garden tractors. Sure they are not cheap, but then, back when these <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> garden tractors we all love were built they were not cheap either. Your arguments hold as much water as a rusted out mower deck. If companies didn't make new stuff they would go out of business. Also many changes are mandated by laws and by lawyers to prevent or minimize lawsuits. One last thing if companies followed this statement of your's:

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

what they should do is never change deck designs. keep producing the same deck/attachments and just make whatever design changes to the tractor over the years. that way attachments would always be avialable for you machine regardless of the year<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

We would all be mowing our lawns with one of these:

218039.jpg

218040.gif

i really dont think even the newer expensive machines compare to the old stuff. now all you see it aluminum, plastic, and thin steel. even machines costs 5-6,000 dollars are loaded with cheap plastics. do they make garden tractors still, yes. do they make them like they used to be? i dont think so. allot of so called garden tractors made now will not even hook up to ground engaging attachments.

i understand how lawyers have mandated certain safety devices in modern equipment. most of these relate to operator presence switch in the seat, cant mow in reservse, ect. how this effects basic deck design? im not sure about that one. decks still have spinning blades that will take your arm off if your not smart about it.

i dont think comparing the older 48" deck to that reel mower is very fair, lol.

Andrew my point about the reel mower was that if companies followed your comment they never would have advanced to the mower decks. But then we may never have moved past this for mowing lawns.

218042.jpg

clown.gif

Wow I miss all the FUN lol
(
All I've seen you do is piss and moan about not being able to buy a deck, which btw is not allowed. Check the rules. )

If I can get decks over here , then I`am sure you can find a deck where you are.Is that grren thing just for looks?Don`t it have a deck ?

$300.00 for drugs and six weeks of pill popping and that was for the first three weeks. I could buy lots of Cub parts for the $600.00.

Decks can be repaired and new baffles put on. Post a picture of your deck and someone will tell you how to repair it. It just might be worth saving.
old.gif

Latest posts

Back