• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub Cadet XT1 suddenly got loud

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert_Patterson

Hello everyone,
I have a Cub Cadet XT1 LT46" with the Kohler 7000 series 22hp motor. This mower has been great since purchased new in 2015. I was mowing last week and had to stop in the middle to talk to my son and when I turned it back on the mower seemed much louder than it had before. I had checked the oil before I started mowing and after hearing it get louder and the level was fine. It continued to run and mow with no issue and I finished the yard and parked it back in my garage. I was hoping the extra loudness would be gone when I pulled it out today but it wasn't. Again I checked the oil before I started it and it was at the full line. I mowed my entire 2.4 acres with it having no issues today. I'm hoping there isn't something major wrong. I'm kind of thinking something with the muffler. Do you think the muffler may need replaced or the gasket between the engine and the muffler? Any other ideas? As I said it still runs fine and smooth just a the engine sounds have gotten a lot louder.

Thanks in advance to any ideas anyone has.

Hello. The mufflers can crack, and I have seen the gasket at the head blow out. Check if the muffler is loose and the head pipe. I'm assuming that the engine is loud wether the deck is running or not.

Back