• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 14, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig,
Thanks. TSC has a 12 x 20 tarp garage that looks interesting. But the reviews that I read didn't look too glowing. There was one brand that look good though but I can't remember what it was.

Frank C,
I see you have a tarp garage - may I ask what brand it is?

Terry, I just checked, mine is a Round Top Brand tarp shed.

Kraig I saw you let your part cubs hibernate outside
bottom.gif

here are mine sleeping
218018.jpg

and todays photo of my pool for Don T
218019.jpg

Terry-

If, by chance you have the desire and ability to build one I know a way to get all the "ribs" probably for nothing. I had the idea to place an ad on cl in households for unwanted trampolines. I placed it and eventually had to turn people away. I was/am building yet another cub shed and have the ribs from trampolines I acquired...free. They disassemble very easily and are made from weldable steel. All that is needed is a frame (wood) to attach them to after a little welding for brackets. The ribs don't offer a lot of height but enough. The frame height on knee walls would compensate for actual head clearance. I plan to stretch a standard size tarp that can be gotten readily and secure it with bungies. The tarps come with sufficient grommets plus you can add grommets as you like.

Being a builder I visualize as I type and speak on the subject and hope you get the idea. I realize some concepts can be hard to understand and I have nothing on paper yet. I have always seemed to design things as I go too. This would be a fairly simple project though and maybe others would be interested.

Just a long thought......

Jeff B., not all the parts Cubs are outside, just a few that are very picked over. The good one's and the spare parts are inside the lean-to or the main shed.
happy.gif

Ryan, nice 71 and nice collection!
greenthumb.gif

The PO left it sit outside, so its going to need a little tinkering. Probably an oil change, tune up, tranny grease changed, etc. Best $100 bucks i think I spent!

Ryan, Those 71's usually are "plane Janes" 'cause they were the low enders.

Thanks, Kraig. I need another low cost storage and have been thinking of the garage type ones so I can add to my collection even more.....

Wayne,
My brother in law works for a tarp company, so I could probably get the material to cover the ribs, but if you can possibly put something down on paper what you are visualizing, that would be great.

Tom-I dont mind that its plain Jane, it's just going to get tuned up and used to mow.
thumbsup.gif

Wayne S - I'd love to see some pics of the "tramp-o-tarp" shed when you get it done. Sounds like a good plan.

worthless.gif

Here's the one Tractor Supply has:
Landowner's Garage

But 3 out of 5 stars review (9 of 16 or 56%) isn't that great. I need to reread the reviews, I guess to see that are the problems with this one.

old.gif

RYAN,
I use my 71 as a backup mower to my 1450.
Works real well. Watch gettin on & off. After a couple broken keys I had to make a switch sheild.
I'm short so my seat is moved in close.
Good solid looking machine. Good price also.
ROD

Terry-

I am not much when it comes to computer graphics. I'll see what and how I can come up with something. Picture in your mind a three sided knee (short) wall, maybe four feet high with a top plate strong enough to support a row of metal ribs. The fourth side would be the door system. Dimensions come from the existing width of the rib base as far as the width of the struture. The length of mine will be determined from tarp size but in your case can be most any length. You could also use the tarp material to enclose the knee wall sides and back. I plan to use plywood here for added strength.

Greg-

Obviously I haven't a shed to photograph. I got trampolines last fall and haven't gotten "round tuit" yet. It's been too much fun working on cubs.

Keep the snow pictures coming guys. I've lived my life where snow never stays more than a couple of weeks at a time. I can't imagine having it around for months at a time. I think Art has the prize so far for snow removing "cool". That thing was blowin' (in the Sandbox).

Wayne, here ya go:

218027.jpg

When you mentioned making your own ribs I thought of this item I saw in the Johnny's Seed catalog that I recently received.

Hoop Bender

<font color="ffffff">.</font>

Ryan those 7hps with a 38" CI deck do a nice job on a small lawn.

well i lost the auction for the deck pan. the one that i have is pitted quite badly and is going to need more welding(couple of holes). i take good care of my decks and dont like rustly nonsense. anyways i was looking on craigslist and there is an ad for a deck that acording to the ad fits a 146 or 148. now i dont think they made a 148, but what is a 146 or does the seller not know what they are talking about at all. the price is 200 bucks and the ad says only minor surface rust.

if this thing fits a 146, does it fit a 147. did they even make a 146?

coffee.gif

Andrew, It'll fit, you just need the right mule drive...

Back