• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 01, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Mark F.
PB Blaster or Kroil are good choices to use for those stubborn rusted up items.
Soak it up really well and respray for 3 or 5 days.
If all else fails, heat does wonders.
thumbsup_old.gif

Did anyone else know that the creeper knob is still available from CCC? I thought that was NLA....
confused.gif

Does anyone have a schematic or picture of a driveshaft installed in a 147? Also, what would be the first thing to check for a 14 HP Kohler breaking up when at full throttle and under a load? Thank you

Greg P.-

Check your carb settings, sounds like the high speed could be a bit lean. Next, check the timing. Others will probably have more suggestions, this is all I can really tell you with the info you gave.

Greg P.
I don't think I've ever seen a 147 tilted up to show the drive shaft, but the Parts Lookup Button above will show where it and what hooks to it.

Hey guys, does anyone know if TSC stores still sells EZ-SLIDE graphite coating?? Checked their site and no listing. Told a friend about the stuff for snow blower, but dont know if they still carry it. How about SLIP PLATE...?? I'm in Jersey, so 'farm' stores are in short supply.
rolleyes.gif
Thnx.

Allen S.
The TSC by me sells it as does Fleet Farm and Home Depot.
But any spray on or brush on graphite paint will do ya.
I think it's just what you have available and what seems to work for ya.

Yeah, I know. I was under the impression that it was NLA, and then I decided to look in the parts lookup, and there it was...

Matt,
All parts are there no matter if they are NLA or not.
That's just a reference site for all Cubs, so all the parts will show.

Mark-
Don't be afraid to heat it up with a torch till it's cherry hot, then let it cool. Do that a couple of times, then hit it with that PB or Kroil that Charlie mentioned after it cools the last time.

Are you sure you really need to remove it? they will usually come out, but sometimes they break off inside the block. Not fun!

Matt-
That's news to me too. I ordered one from Madson's about a year ago, and he had some, but they were just something that he managed to find through an alternate source (probably McMaster) because they were NLA from Cub Cadet. The problem is that this knob is much too big to look "factory correct". I wonder what the current version looks like?

It's snowing cats and dogs here now. It started around 9am. We have about 2-3" now, but visibility is literally about 100yrds it's coming down so hard. I just came back from helping dad cut up a couple of dead trees they had at their place, and as I came around the corner on their road, I saw his neighbor MOWING THE GRASS?!?!?!?!?!? .....with a pushmower that had a bagger mounted on the back no less!!!
screwloose.gif

I got the snow-team moved around to the garage up front for the snow removal duties. Pictures to follow once the snow and wind quit. (Probably Sunday sometime.)

Charlie-

What Art said. I had never looked in the parts lookup for one, I'd always seen the "alternate" one on CC specialties years ago and I thought that mean the original was NLA. Then today I found this:

http://www.steinertractor.com/ part number IHS780
The it just dawned on me to check the Parts Lookup site to see if it was still offered.

Art-

The one on that website above looks exactly the same as the various original ones I have had. I'm tempted to buy one from CCC for my 582 when I put the creeper on, they're less than $6, so I wouldn't be out much if it wasn't totally correct.

Under edit:

Yeah, Charlie, I'm sure it does, except I don't do that and don't have one of those
happy.gif

Hello everyone:
I do not post often because I do not have the knowldge that everyone has and I luckly I have not had many problems with my CC.
I do have a question though. I have a Hydro 129 and recently I adjusted the "automatic compression release tab" which caused a noise. I took off the cover for the tab and the spring that holds the counter springs of the ACR was unhooked. I hooked it back up and the noise went away. After running it a little while the noise came back. I am thinking that the spring unhooked again. Can this spring be replaced without taking the engine apart and does anyone have a part number for it. I have a shop manual for it but there are no parts list in it. Is this a seperate book. If so can you tell me where I can get one.
Thanks for the time.
I don't post a lot but I do read many of the posted questions when ever I have a chance.
I have learned a lot from your post
Earl

Got the 122 going ....... just in time 7" of snow and its not slowing. Luther; Thanks for answering my call for help. The prob was me. to make a long story short old needle seat used screwdriver to remove, new one was a socket. didnt notice my 3/8 socket was to thick and thought I had it tight, but was only binding the socket and the seat was loose. I would set the float and it would run till the seat would vibrate down. Then i would remove the bowl set the float again. and the same would happen. Well after the 3rd time doing that I found the problem. Now after the 4th time on the bowl gasket stretched but got it to seal, I hope. But here is the bad part i couldnt get that 2nd thin separator gasket on with the bowl gasket. Will it still work with out it ? The old Blue Ribbon Servce Manual dont even show this gasket ! Thanks, Buzz

Thanks for the advice to a newbie here! One other quick question. I'm going to need someone to lap the valves and install new rings in the K161. I'm in Northern Virginia - can anyone recommend a good small engine shop in this general area? Thanks again.

Time to go out and try the 122/cc42 on 8-10" of the white stuff. Hope the carb works now.
ihrotate.gif

Brad S.
I think you better look at the radar man. You have more on the way!
biggrin.gif

Raining here, good thing I'm gonna wait till morning, that ice would be a bear!

I had to take the blade off the cub and install the blower. I think we got a good 4+ inches here. Too dark for snow pictures, but here is the cub.
thumbsup_old.gif

70912.jpg

Latest posts

Back