Archive through December 01, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks allot Myron and Don for your feedback. I have unscrewed the button on the top of the lever to uncover the spring. It is fully rusted, compressed, and snapped in half. I need to find a replacement spring. Can I find one to fit at the local hardware store???

Mike F.-

I think the reason that tire came off is that the bungee cord on that side caught on something and got really entangled in the wheel weight mounting bolts. It was <u>unbelievably</u> tight. I think it pulled the tire chain to the outside of the tire, and that just pulled the inside sidewall of the tire with it, as there was so much fluid in there and only about 1 or 2 psi of air. Anyway, I've learned to put tubes in when I do this again. I got about 2 hours or so of seat time. This is almost too much snow for a blade and the amount of weight I have, I really need to fix the 1450's hydro linkage and leak and get a new pulley for the QA-36A and put the cab back on that. Then I'll be all set.
happy.gif

Matt - I guess we learn by doing! And isn't it always the way that we're wrestling with winter set-ups after there's snow and cold. I noticed you're a private pilot - cool. I've been flying for 20 years out of Lansing muni.

Terry B. - I'm liking that blade QA rig. I could use something similar. Since I've moved to this location, the storage situation is such that being able to remove the blade yet leave the underframe on the tractor would be real handy. It looks like getting your blade on is a snap.

I am gonna make an all RED demonstrative tractor... I need the part numbers for the paint though...

Thanks Charlie, I hope that It'll turn out good, but I have to rebuild her frist, then I'll really decide wether or not I want to go with that flat white like on that beautiful Original, Or that shiny red like Brad's cub.I'm puttin the snowblower on my smaller MTD Today though, so that way I dont have to shovel the driveway any more!!!

46346.jpg

46347.jpg

46348.jpg

46349.jpg

46350.jpg

Well, I've been moving snow for 2 days now!!! I will NEVER start a season without the blower ready every again!!!!......I'm a belt and pulley short of having it on an 82 series, but I don't have either yet.....my fault. Anyway, these pics are the clean-up of about 12" of heavy wet snow that got dumped on us Thurs. night. The only way to move it was "Blunier Ramming Speed" with the blade follower by lots of loader work when the blade wouldn't do any more. Burned 5 gallons of fuel trying to clean everything up in the neighborhood.

Snow is so heavy around here that the village plows (2 ton single screw trucks w/12' blades) can't touch a street until the backhoe goes down the center and opens it up, and then the backhoe still needs to help out just to get it 2 cars wide. Only reason my road is open is because of a big tandem TWP. truck that was chained up.

Messy Messy Messy in Central IL!!!!!!!

Steve,
Send some of that up this way!
BTW, did ya slip plate the inside of the bucket?
We got a dusting this morning. My snow crew is ready and willing.
beerchug.gif

That reminds me, I need to get my loader mounted up before winter really hits.

Charlie,
Is your loader going to be a bolt on or do you need to do some bracket fabrication?

Steve,
Your doing better than me. I bet the trucks in Peoria are having the same problem. I haven't seen one in my neighborhood yet. The only reason the street in front of my house is clean is because my neighbor took is Toro walk behind and cleaned out the whole street.

Terry,
I've got a bracket, but don't know yet if it's going to work. I have not had time to even look at the manual to see what it really needs.
The tractor I'm going to put it on will be with it forever, LOL

Terry,
If your lookin for a project, I'll be more than happy to drop everything off and pick it up when your done!
46358.gif

Ref putting the QA42 on:
Charlie - I agree with you on blade vs, thrower - like I said, I don't get help attaching the stuff. Putting the blade on usually involves laying on the ground, holding the forks up to spear the rockshaft and reaching up to inch the 129 forward (good reason for a hydro..) Not OSHA approved process..
Peter R - close to what I was thinking, maybe with cribbing to hold the quick attach up to the proper level, (whatever, needs to be low enough or removable to pull out after the thrower is attached).
Brian - I can only assume that I screwed up the weight distribution on my QA42 when I stripped all of the paint off during its restoration a few years ago,-- it just won't stay balanced with the mounting fingers at the right height and angle to engage the Frankenstein studs -- it keeps wanting to drop the back end right to the floor..even with the storage link in position. Either that or too much air in the tires ????

Craig: Thanks - I went to the Christmas lights site and stocked up on knowledge but to no avail. I managed to save one string of lights and have six more waiting in the basement for when I can pick up some more beer.

BTW, my QA42 blower is a miserable cuss to put on. That thing must weigh 200 pounds and I weight about 155. It's a bloody knuckle fight to the finish every year. Gawd how I hate that puppy.

BUT, on the plus side, it'll hose snow out of my driveway like no tomorrow. Gawd how I love that thing.

I guess it's a love/hate relationship...

Terry B. Nice looking quick tach frame.

Here is the freebie Bolens blade on the 125. I used deck mountings from the 100 parts tractor.No extra or bigger holes.Since I put it on Thanksgiving day and I didn't have any rod I used 1/4"x2" flat iron for the lift. It isn't fancy or anything. As long as it works. I tried it on some dirt last weekend that the town has piled a couple of lots north of me. It seemed to do just fine.
46389.jpg

46390.jpg

This isn't on topic however it is the right colors. It's on next Wednesday's auction.
46391.jpg

Should I buy a 127?
Found an ad local to me, 1969 127, 48" deck, 42" snow blower, runs good, looks good. No mention of chains or weights. Asking $600, I'm thinking of offering $4-500 if it's in good shape. How's the price sound to you guys? Anything in particular I should watch out for? Is the 127 a good machine? I don't need it right away, but for the right price I can buy it now and store it until I need it.
I'd like to have an old rear engine four wheel Gravely, but I get the feeling that parts are a lot easier to find for a Cub.

Latest posts

Back