• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 29, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last snow we had was about 1/4" back in '95.We Cubbers in the south have to be creative to get enough seat time on our tractors!(Our numbers are growing!)

Lonnie,

How do you like the front end loader? A friend and I are thinking about building one using PF Engineering plans.

Stuart

original, 100 and 2185

I'm getting pretty impressed by those photos, I almost cant wait for snow. BUt I do want it to wait, at least until Nov 1.

Anyone make their own chains or know where I can find plans? It seems like that would be pretty easy to do, but maybe it isnt worth it the effort. I'm trying to get this thing ready for snow cheaply.

Wayne

Stuart H.
I would be lost with out it. As I have a bad back and aint suppose to lift anything over 60 pounds. Schoveling is out also so I had to come up with an alternitive, so I scrounged up the material and built the loader from scratch.
I had no plans to go by, just a collection of photos of garden tractors and farm tractors to go by, little by little it all came together.
The only thing I would change is the oil tank, I would incorpurate it into the loader uprights.

Front blades in snow....
OH YEAH!
39493.jpg

12hp hydrostatic tractor, spring assist, 124lbs of wheel weights mounted on the inside of the wheels, and a 54" blade...being operated by a (at that time) 11 year old
thumbsup_old.gif

RE: Extra weight off the back of the tractor....

I use a QA42A snowthrower on my 1450...and even with 208lbs of wheel weights, and my 240lbs..the rear seems to 'float' when I have the thrower lifted and try to back up.

So last winter I rounded up some scrap steel, and built this:
39494.jpg

39495.jpg

Since I'm kinda 'cheap', I bolted a bucket on the bracket...
39496.jpg

and filled it with 180lbs of steel (that I got for free)
39497.jpg

After that, the rear end stayed down, and I had no problems with spinning the tires trying to back up!

As you can see in the pics, I use AG treads with no chains. I have a gravel driveway, and the first winter I had the 1250, we used turfs w/chains, and wheel weights. The chains seemed to 'churn up' the stones, and there was quite a bit of my driveway out in the grass once the snow melted...LOL Since we now run the AGs, we don't have much of a problem with that...which my son appreciates greatly
lol.gif

Wayne,
Here are the pictures that I mentioned. You can usually find some used chains at a reasonable price, last resort would be evil-bay. Add some weight on the back, and go. As far as hurting wheel bearings, how much does a tiller weigh hanging on the back of these cubs? That doesn't seem to hurt it.
39502.jpg

106 with snow pile it made.
39503.jpg

106 going up 40* hill

My snow removal equipment.
39507.jpg

39508.jpg

And after the snow has been removed from the driveways nothing beats a drive through the woods
39509.jpg

This year I will get to try out my 12-72 on the snow, if and when we get some here in Wis.
39512.jpg

It looks like fun to be getting blades and throwers ready to go, but here in Kentucky where I haven't even thought about rakin' leaves yet and am still running the air conditioning hard............It seems a little early fellas.....

Lonny,
I like the stack you have on that tractor. Most stacks I have seen stick the whole muffler in the air. The one arm loaders muffle blows the soot on my one arm. I wanted to modify it to a stack but didn't like the idea of having a big muffler outside the hood. I think I might look into that mod.
39515.jpg

Terry,
The tricky part was getting the pipe flaired back out to fit over the pipe on the muffler.
Had to heat it cherry red and pound large sockets into pipe until it fit over the pipe on muffler.

Hey guys,in kentucky we dont get as much snow as we used to get,but sometimes the gods smile on us.This is my 102 and my homeade grader blade no weights, did the whole subdivision sidewalks and several drives.Coffie,cubs,and snow,what fun.
39520.jpg

39521.jpg

39522.jpg

Ken M,
What the heck is that brush/deer guard on that thing? You runnin down trees or dodgin deer with that Cub? LOL

Thats a homeade gard-n-cart that I made,It looks a lot better in person,Ive been known to nudje on a few "deere" though
thumbsup.gif

Heres my homeade plow"ie"cultivater and homeade dozer or grader blade it works on the front or rear of all my tractors,ps did I mention im from southern ky.
bubbly.gif
39533.jpg

I like it ok,have to pull the pins and drop it when doing engine work or refill but you get used to it,had more time on my hands than extra money and needed the attatchments so went to tractor sup. and bought raw steel and heated the bends and the when satisfied welded them together,wasnt that much to it,thanks for the nice coment dig.

Come on guys, knock it off with the snow, its still 107 degrees in phoenix. You want me to feel bad.

Latest posts

Back