• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 29, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
263244.jpg

263245.jpg

263246.jpg

263247.jpg

Steve B -- Thanks for the photo of the 100...this helps a lot. I see the holes where the rod goes through are directly blocked by the QA latch on my 73. Apparently a QA subframe is necessary then...like the one in the photo from the manual.

The manual photo is the same subframe. there are 2ea. extension straps that bolt to the holes in your subframe and extend up to the hole in the tractor frame (over the QA hooks).

Steve B, Michael M -- OK, I get it now...Wow, I had no idea those extensions even existed. Now I just need to find two of those and the rod that goes between them...

Steve, if you would like to take a look at mine, I'm sure my CNC plasma cutter guy can reproduce a set for you in Dixon. He was the one who made my rear lower bracket for the brinly hitch.

John B -- Thanks. I'll call around just to see if anyone has the parts in stock...I need the rod, too, but my guess is it's not anything too special. If they're too pricey I'll be in touch.

'Morning, All!!!
happy.gif
Back to an eight hour work day this week.

Steve B. That is some major work and looks very nicely done. Thank You for sharing the progress pictures.

I managed to get Fancy's 1650 steering column refurbished yesterday. I "borrowed" some of Angel's laundy soap and warm water so that I could keep washing my hands and try and keep the grease off the cleaned parts. I replaced the ignition switch and discovered the light switch has a broken terminal. Maybe after work I'll try and get some pictures of how the underneath looks. I'm working from the front toward the back and with each area I've discovered some PO modifications that will need fixing. All in all it is great and peaceful to work on these old Cub Cadets and bring them back to life.

This is a GREAT place of shared knowledge. Everyone have a wonderful week.
happy.gif

Got a call a about month ago from a guy about 50 miles south of here who has 2 boys and was looking at a Cub Cadet to fix up for them. Heard from him again this morning by email after they got their internet service back. They were given a non-running 109. My reply to him:

Good morning! 109's are good. I think the 10hp Kohler tends to run smoother than its bigger brothers. I thought maybe you got the 100 and trailer. Also, Eben Grass on Rte 1A has a 122 that I haven't got to look at yet and Woody Jipson down near the Blue Moose has a few.

I just sent a stripped-down 123 to Danny - the blind guy that advertises in the SBS and our ATV Club had a poker run on Saturday and a guy here in town came back and adopted a 149 and took it home yesterday. Talked like he might restore it this winter - or at least give it a facelift.

I've got lots of hydro parts here if you get stuck for anything and if you do on-line research https://www.ihcubcadet.com/ is a great source of knowledge.

I do have a shop - a 16' x 24' building that was given to us if we'd move it. Darn right we moved it!! I call it the CubHouse.

With 2 boys I'm betting you'll end up with at least 3 tractors - you'll want one for yourself!!

Thanks for the pics Steve B.
WOW that is a little more involved than what I thought.
I was hoping to just bolt on the cylinder and hook up the lines.
err.gif

Ok,so ive not posted here in forever but im curious what is the white stuff doing in pics already this year ? Im not ready to give up my shorts yet
sad.gif

I guess im going to have to get out my snow thrower now an get it ready for ....wait for it....SNOW !

Latest posts

Back