• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Decals & mower deck size?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Hall

displayname
Fuddyduddy
I have a 1250 that the mower deck is in good condition but I've taken it all apart for cleaning and painting. The three blades are 15" long. Is this a 44" deck?
After priming I'm using Magic brand paint which seems a perfect match, but paint takes too long to dry. Parts hung in sun 85 deg. after an hour still stick, so a few gnats stuck. Is there a better paint?
I'll probably tape decals off, but the IH one (2.25"x2.625") I removed. A source for decals?
Thanks

CC Specialties has some IH individual decals, some deck decals, and CaseIH Iron Gard Paint In spray bombs, quarts, and gallons.

Scroll up, and click on the CC Specialties box. You can find a great many items that you will want.

I’m no deck expert, but I do think the 44s have three blades all the same length. 42s and 48s have one middle long blade, and twin shorter blades at the ends. While typing this, I realized I now own a 44, and I haven’t even looked at it. Too many things in the way of tractor time.

I have a 1250 that the mower deck is in good condition but I've taken it all apart for cleaning and painting. The three blades are 15" long. Is this a 44" deck?
After priming I'm using Magic brand paint which seems a perfect match, but paint takes too long to dry. Parts hung in sun 85 deg. after an hour still stick, so a few gnats stuck. Is there a better paint?
I'll probably tape decals off, but the IH one (2.25"x2.625") I removed. A source for decals?
Thanks
Yes On the 44" deck.
1626058600096.png

That Majic is wally world brand paint.. I would be leery about spraying good qaulity paint over it because if you sandwich it under good paint it could cause the good paint to crack or peel.. If it dried up your best bet is to sand it completely off or wipe it down with enamel reducer if it won't dry and paint with the good stuff.. If it did dry your best bet may be to just use it as is.. If it is going to be a working tractor it won't take long to have some wear and tear.. If you want to find your deck size, turn your deck over with the blades up and facing out.. Measure from tip to tip on your cutting width and that is your deck size..

Thanks
Good thing I didn't see that Magic brand paint crap! I wouldn't have answered your question.

Back