• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 27, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wcompton

displayname
Wyatt Compton
Well, got a "roller" now with the tractor I'm building. Decided to piece things together just to make sure everything still looks like I imagined it. The narrow tires all around give a bit of a weak attitude, it'll be much better with the wheels and wide ag tires all around. Still have to get some more shielding gas, got one set of fenders welded up, but only one's tacked together. It's been so humid lately that paint takes a good week to harden up.
21169.jpg

I'm shooting for somewhat of a combination of a 4156 and a xx56 series wheatland-styled tractor, about the era of the 71/xx2/xx3 Cub Cadets.

Wyatt,

Are those 4.80x8 fronts???? (as opposed to the 4.00x8)

If so, where did you get them???

BTW, looking good.....I'm not so sure my project will get done before PD....too much stuff getting in the way.

(Message edited by sblunier on August 27, 2004)

Tks Wyatt- I've looked at the pulleys they seem to be true, the belt looks pretty rough I'll replace it if I can get it off ? I sure could use a manual but its dropped to bottom of the list with back to school for the boys.BTW I sure do like your fab skills thats looking cool.All you guys are amazing with the toys you build.

Be glad that Danco changed to bucket cylenders to tip the bucket on their loaders. Without them they are just a toy for the kids. Still worth ouning though.

WYATT - Your going to need a BIG CHROME STRAIGHTPIPE on that thing! That's going to be SO SHARP!

If you had a 30" travel hydraulic cylinder and manual pump rescued from an old bumper lift, like service stations used to lift cars which had steel bumpers attached solidly to the frame, what would you build with it?
It's just a single-acting cylinder, meaning hydraulic pressure extends it, the weight of the car retracts it when you turn the valve to release the hydraulic pressure. I haven't found a tag on it, but they were typically rated at around 3,000 pounds.

For some of the younger forum participants, service stations were businesses with employees, generally known as attendants, who would meet you at your car, pump your gas, clean your windshield and other outside glass, and check your tires, fluids, belts, hoses, wipers, and lights while you were still parked on the service drive. They also performed light mechanical work such as oil changes, chassis lubrication, tune-ups, exhaust work, brake service, and replacement of filters, lights, and suspension components. Most did tire mounting/dismounting, repair, and balancing. Many offered other maintenance, repair, fabrication, and emergency roadside services. The few remaining service stations are generally under-appreciated, but are considered by some to be working museums.

Bruce,
So these, so called, "Service Stations" provided "service" to customers
who actually had the audacity to expect "service"?
What a concept!
Mike

Bruce,
Next, you'll be telling us that these "Service Stations"
actually provided "head of household" wages
and that some people actually raised their familys
on income earned at these jobs.
Oh, come on...

Just because some of are young, it doesn't mean we don't watch the History Channel.
happy.gif

Ryan,
You know you are older than dirt
when your life appears on the History Channel.
I gotta go take some Metamucil.

Service stations? We've got one two blocks away, service center, full service pumps, and a cafe too. Was blowing snow this past winter and was nearby so I went to get gas, before I even realized it fella was out there ready to fill the tank on my 169, THAT was a suprise.

Steve-
Thanks, the tires are 4.00x8. I had a pair of 4.80's at one time and can't remember the brand. I had ordered them from Cedar Rapids tire, but I called them and they don't carry that size anymore and they didn't have listed what brand they were.

Travis-
Thanks, by the time it's finished it'll be somewhat of a "rolling showcase" of parts from CC Specialties.

Don-
Thanks, as for any real "skill" I'm still learning as I go, just really slow.

Denny-
Thanks! I hadn't planned on a chrome pipe but had thought about one, it's looking to be more and more of an appropriate idea.

Bruce, I can barely remember that. We used to ride our bikes over the "tire dinger"!! Under-appreciated doesn't even begin to describe them. I think we took a step in the wrong direction here.

Travis-
I'm sorry to hear that you ran over your "dinger" with you bicycle, but frankly this isn't the place to discuss such things..

Thanks for the fix Bryan, I slid the gov arm out on the crossshaft a bit and works good. Appreciate the help.

Latest posts

Back