• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 27, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks again, Charlie! I checked out the pics in the new Push Mower thread in the Sandbox.

Okay, I promised that I'd get 'em in as soon as I could... and today's the day:
Here's the most recent pictures of Loader-Mutt, shod with new tires! 26-12-12 rears (7 gallons in each tire), and 18.8.50-8's on trailer rims in front.
24449.jpg

24450.jpg

24451.jpg

24452.jpg

24453.jpg

24454.jpg

Dave K2...Excellent Pics...The 26x12's look great
Gives the Mutt a mean stance....

Sounds like everyone had a good Christmas. The daughter gave me a 38" Brinly box blade and we spent Sunday assembling it in the warmth of the house, of course she had to help with this. I have come up with one improvement that I think I will make to this before it gets placed into service and that is to fabricate a wearedge for it similar to what the front blades have but I am thinking of using some 3/8"x3" HRF T1 since I can get a chunk of drop at work for a song and dance price.
err.gif
and if it wears good on the boxblade I may end up making a cutting edge for the snowthrower out of it too and for my front blade.

Dave,
Interesting..... Are you into ham radios?
How much does your 3 phase thingy weigh? You tires look like there are squatting. Like the rear tires, but looks like chains wont fit. You should get a muffler that goes up like the big boys use. That would be cool.

You should post a web album with more detailed pictures. Unless you're too busy.
wink.gif

can anyone tell me how many hours can be expected out of a kohler v17 series 2 on a 682 cub.
thanks

Stacy- It all depends on the maintenance that the engine has recived over it's lifetime. If the oil and filter have been change regularly then I would think that it should run for along time. It also depends on the use that the engine has seen. Different operators operate the same piece of equipment very differently thus it could run forever or go down in a minute.

(Message edited by hsimon on December 27, 2004)

Kurt- not only is it a mean-lookin' stance, it's extremely stable, and it doesn't sink into the yard much with a heavy bucketload. I don't imagine those Clarlisle USA Trail trailer tires will grant much grip to side-hills, but I won't be mowing with this rig anytime in the forseeable future.

Terry- Yeah, I'm a ham-radio operator- top-dawg liscense... that's what you're seein' on my liscense plate.

The Rotary Phase Converter's idler motor weighs a tad under 200lbs, there's probably another 150lbs in bracketry, boxes, contactors, and capacitors up there, and down inside the bucket (but hidden in the shade, and behind the idler) is a Group 27 deep-cycle battery and two 14' log-chains. The tires needed a tad more air- I seated the beads with my dad's pancake compressor, and didn't get 'em pumped up fully. The rears look a little light, but they're actually about right- I've got lots of fluid, but very little airspace, and I think the pressure's around 10psi yet... they're a tad 'firm'. I'll be installing a weight-bracket in the back, and probably fit another 250lbs back there in a few weeks.

Had a vertical-stack muffler arrangement (actually, I borrowed it off the 109) but it got too close to the loader arms for my liking, so I took it off. I'll change what you see there... possibly go down and to the rear (like a F@rd N) or bring it around the front, and mount a QL muff down fairly low. We'll see.

Tire chains? With that kind of ballast, who needs chains? :)

Farquad-Lookin' good! Ya better hurry up,we're going to want to see that at P.D.!
thumbsup.gif

Does anyone know if the pointed set screws in the PTO clutch are availible other than from a Cub Dealer? I went to my local dealer the other day and much to my shock they were over $5 each, the short cupped ones were $1.58 each. This is completely rediculas. I was able to get the cupped ones at the local hardware store for 12 cents. Also, would it be a mistake to put some "neversieze" on the PTO bearing before puting on the clutch? I had a heck of a time getting it off.

Thanks

Scott

Dave,
Tire chains for ice under snow. Do you plan on using it for snow removal? I would have liked a bigger bucket for the one armed bandit for snow removal. You mentioned mowing. I would assume that you wont ever be able to mow due to the modifications. What are you paint color scheme plans?

Scott Mc -

Sure, McMaster-Carr, as long as you don't mind buying a bag of 100 for $15 or so, plus shipping, plus tax, plus a 2-3 day wait...

Ever wonder why they call them "convenience stores"?
lol.gif

Travis, your 4x4 looks awesome!!! More photos please! Feel free to send a bunch of high resolution photos to me via email. :eek:)

Bryan, if you have more than one PTO to replace the McMaster-Carr price starts to look attractive. Anytime I've ordered from McMaster-Carr I've received my order the next day. I always select UPS ground as the shipping method but the package always shows up in another carrier. I want to say Airborne Express but I don't think that's the one.

Travis,
Just curious.... Were are going to put your legs and feet? Can we see a picture of someone sitting on it?

Kraig -

Yeah, maybe if you're Ron Keller...
lol.gif

I wonder how Ron is these days...

Receipt of your order is always contingent on where you are from the shipping point. Back before they started cutting back, I used to receive my order that afternoon because it was couriered to any Chicago delivery address. Now I have to take UPS ground, which is still next day - I think it goes straight to Palatine then to the house without ever routing thru Hodgkins.

Travis, really nice looking job. You're a lot further along then I am. Where are you going to put your feet? That was a big problem for me and so I came up with a completely different design.

24468.jpg

Paul F., I like the way this guy did it. He used short spacers, kind of like dual wheel adapters, to space the wheels out allowing for foot rests between the tires and the frame. I never did get his name. He was at PDV6, the Plow Day that Travis hosted. I have quite a few detail photos of it if you want to see them just let me know via email and I can send them to you.

24470.jpg

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on December 28, 2004)

Back