• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 17, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
James N. Dogs have masters...
Cats have servants...
That means its your tractor (147!), but you gotta give the cat a ride to where ever he wants to go!
rofl.gif

Ron, thank you for the information!

The name fits, it's definitely a "Workhorse". Tonight I am using the 100 and Model 10 Workhorse loader help me change blades on a Zero-turn mower, a rather easy job for it.

Harry,
I was just trying to make you feel better.
biggrin.gif
There are two 100's for sale in the classifieds, but I don't know how close they are to you. I know you live in "Plum-Nilly" ("plum outa the country, nearly outa the world!")
roflol.gif

My wife said if you could get me to quit buying cubs, she would give you one of them!
lol.gif

Aaron S.,
In my opinion a 70 is close enough. The only difference is 3 more horses. Show us the pics!

Jerry,
Does that cub have an ice fishing rig on the back of it?

Vince I have a Model 10 but no book on it would you have one, The one I have a friend gave it to me less the bucket and I am wanting to put it on Cub 1250 Ron

Ron,

I do have scanned manuals of the Workhorse Model 10 Loader that Kraig McConaughey-<font size="-1">Super nice Guy!</font> emailed me. They are rather large, I'll send them in 2 separate emails.

Looks like I missed "100 day". Here are mine anyway.
First is my newest addition (who just blew the spark-plug out of its head).
195632.jpg

Then, the old flame. Just had a tune-up thanks to one of the sponsors!

195633.jpg

Did his 1250 drive Jimmy Long off the deep end?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Or maybe he went to Binder Books for help.
draw.gif

I washed and waxed the 682 today in preparation for attaching the loader. I had a very hard time getting it to start. I'm starting to wonder how well this will start in the cold after sitting out in the barn for 4 months. I think the carb was too lean, but I guess I'll find out next time I go to start it. Anyway...it looks much better now.

195638.jpg

I was able to work around the fact that these side panels aren't meant for use on a 1282-style tractor by drilling and tapping holes for #10 screws in some scrap angle iron. Problem solved.

195636.jpg

Here's what it looks like now after a little bit of assembly this afternoon:

195637.jpg

hey Matt Looking good.
What type snow thrower is on your 782 on your website?
I have a QA36A and want to put it on my 782.

Harry,,, is that the lug bolt I gave you the first time I met you at brooks??? If I had known you wanted a 100 you could have had the rest of it. It belongs to Wayne Cardwell now!

Lewis-

Thanks!

It's a QA-36A. The sliding part of mine that tensions the belt seems to be worn badly, as the belt is misaligned and it eats belts. I need to try to fix that, but I've run out of time this summer. I think I'll put my blade on it for the winter while I try to fix the thrower.

...or find a 450 for my 1872
happy.gif

my Kohler manual is real short of info about the valve guides on K161 7hp \Original. I havent worked on one before has anyone? are the guides removable like 10 hp?

clutch has oval holes on model 86 anyone have an exploded view of clutch assembly thanks

Jerry B - ya that's probably the lug bolt if you gave me one from your 100. I thought it was strange I had just one with the IH emblem. All my others have the WP on them (which of course was also an IH facility).

Guys - I went back to the Dr. today since I really wasn't any better. He told me another cure would be for you guys to each send me some extra parts from your 100s, and maybe I'd get enough I could assemble one out here on the Left Coast. Jerry got things started, and I only need a few thousand more parts until I have a complete unit. Shoot me an e-mail of what you have so nothing gets duplicated. I might even be able to pay the shipping if there is enough stuff. Maybe you could consolidate with someone in the mid west where everything could be combined and the shipping would be less.

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die (and 100s have special qualifications since they were produced before Hydros)

Matt, nice progress on the loader. BTW, excellent composition of the photo of your 682 after the wax, the "International Dr." sign is a nice touch.
greenthumb.gif

HARRY - The "WP" stood for West Pullman, city, Chicago suburb IH's hardware plant was located in. I actually got to visit the WP plant in about 1984 while I was driving O-t-R for FARMALL's contract carrier. There had been a lot of violence at that plant during the big strike of '79 & '80.

In order to become more profitable the W. Pullman plant management decided to compete against dedicated bolt mfg. companies like Rockford Hdwr, CamCar, etc. and become less dependent on the fluctuations of demand from the other IH factories. The WP logo allowed them to penetrate more markets than just the
ihrotate.gif
logo.

MATT G. - 682 & loader are looking good!

Kraig-

Thanks! I really wanted to get that sign in there.

Dennis-

That's interesting, and probably explains why I found a few 'WP' bolts holding parts of my loader together.

Latest posts

Back