• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 17, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aschmidt

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Aaron Schmidt - Xtreme Motorworks
Ive got a 70 - is that close enough? I used it last weekend to pull Charlies rake around the 5 acres - again. Filled a 16' car trailer up again with grass. Thanks for the borrowing me the rake Charlie - it works awsome!

195589.jpg

John U - I'm not sure there's a straight up answer to your question on using a 44C deck on a 149. I'd like to know myself since my son got a 1650 with what I believe is a 44C deck. He started off using the narrow mule drive pulleys that would be used with a straight 44A (which would be the same mule drive pulleys used on a 42 deck. He was also using the 3/8" wide belt for the PTO to deck center pulley, part no. 117465C1 (I believe it's 79") since the local dealer said it was the most common. After using all the adjustment it is still way to loose. He finally got the 78" belt part no. 59971-C1 but hasn't installed it yet. I have some concerns it will still be to long. It should work by the book, but won't know till he puts it on. Someone else on here was having trouble getting correct tension and went to a NAPA belt 4L780 which is 1/2" wide and 78" long. It rides higher in the pulleys but adjusts up to the correct tension. I think this is one of those situation where you're gonna have to try it to see if it works. You may have to go to a 3/8" 77"long or 77 and 1/2" belt but don't know if NAPA or others have one. Let us know how you make out.

Marty and all other 100 Lovers - today was a sad day for ole Hydro Harry. 1st thing, Marty never sent his phone number so I couldn't go pick up that excess 100. I had big plans to prove those high flotation tires just don't work. There ain't know way that 100 will float across a creek or pond. It's gonna sink like a rock. I was gonna bring it home and put the narrow ones on it when I could find them. Now they are some real traction tires. The next thing I started seeing all these pics of 100's start popping up. Everytime I saw one I fell off my chair. I decided I better post a pic of my 100, that doesn't have a frame, no fenders, no engine, no hood, no grill, no axles, no tires or wheels, no battery, no wiring, no dash, no steering wheel or column, no seat, no tin work, you name it and it just about doesn't have it. After all this I couldn't find the pic. Then I saw some more pics of 100's posted, a 100 that's a 120, a 100 that was a 70. Everytime I saw one I fell off my chair. The last time I hurt myself so bad I had to go to the Dr. I couldn't believe what he told me. I figured I just had some minor injury from all the falls, BUT, he told me I had developed a very rare but chronic disease called "Stick for Brains". I told him it just couldn't be - that a Hydro uses a Lever, that it ain't got no stick. He said it DOES HAPPEN, and the only cure usually involves driving thousands of miles from the west coast. Those places where man and machine are one. Those places where some people like a (lug)nut and some people don't; Mounds gott'm but IH CC's don't. Then he handed me a IH CC lug bolt and told me that when I find all the other pieces of a 100, that I would be cured. Here's the pics of the lug bolt. Sorry they're a little blurry but you'll get the pic(ture).

195593.jpg

195594.jpg

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die (and occasionally a Hydro Lover does come down with that rare disease Stick for Brains)

Good morning, All. You, too, Wilbur.
Matt G:
Here's a cheap shot at what Quick-Way Logo letters looked like:
195602.jpg

Last May we went to the tractor show at Zagray Farms in Colchester, CT. I'd bought a 123 from Steve Mitchell in PA and he met me there with it. A good time was had by all. I hope to donate this sign to the Farms if we're fortunate enough to be able to go there again next Spring. The blue and red colors are meant to be sold to buy parts for yellow/white tractors.
coffee.gif

Very nice 100s guys. That will be my next tractor when i can find one. They are very hard to find here in Tenn. Thanks for the pictures.
I like the pictures of the oil cans also. I didn't know they sold that type oil. Here is my collection of IH oil cans.

195607.jpg

195608.jpg

Wayne
That's one nice tractor. I just purchased another Cub Cadet 100 last night. It has fenders and a complete light set. Model 100's are my favorite.

Harry,

Thanks for the input. I think we will try swapping the pulleys and using the 78" belt. That is the belt shown in the parts lookup for a 44A on a 149. I let you know how it goes.

Marty - I think you missed it. The only part of a 100 I have is that lug bolt with the IH stamp on the head. I'm missing all the other parts.

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die (and finding a 100 in the West might kill a collector)

Sleeve Hitch Attachment Questions
-I have located a Brinly sleeve hitch plow that is older. It has the coulter wheel on it. I plan on using my 1450 to pull it. Are there different size Plows that Brinly made, if so how do I tell them apart?
-What issues do I look for in purchasing a used plow. (i.e. what parts are typically cracked or worn out and how do I tell)
-Anything else you plow experts think I should know regarding purchasing a used Brinly?

A silly question? Has anyone ever tried to put power steering on a 1650 Cub Cadet. Mind you,I grew up on John Deere(yuck) and converted to I.H. I thought about trying it to see what happens. I use this machine extensively in all sorts of work. Not bad for $250.00!

Jeremie-

I suppose you could, but the parts are $$$ and if you rebuild the mechanical steering box and perform a few improvements, it'll steer really easy and you won't need PS anyway.

Hydro Harry
Dem floatation tires do work or else Cub Cadets are so cool they can walk on water.

195624.jpg

Hi All,
I don't post too often, but read the other post. I have a very technical question. Just who is the owner of this 149 that I heep in my barn?
195630.jpg

Latest posts

Back