• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 04, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcbusch

displayname
Terry Busch
I got a new to me cab for the loader. Now I'll be able to use the snow thrower and the loader in the comfort of a cab. I will need to add a bump out for the loader controls. Its still summer so I can even think of working on a cab just yet but maybe in November. So its in the shed for now.

63427.jpg

Terry B.
Ah come on now!
Your gonna do that procrastination thing again?
biggrin.gif

I'm going to start next week on the snow crew, just in case.
bouncy.gif

Great to see everyone at Little G., even though it rained most of the time. Wes, I think Big Steve still has a smile on his face. Did you get a chance to see him pull my 1782? It needed more weight, but he enjoyed it half way down the track anyway. Made it back to Mike M's place by 8:30. No rain the whole way back, go figure.

As stated before I am planning a full resto/upgrade(s) this winter on my 128. I have looked through the FAQ's and I am wondering if an upgrade from my mechanical PTO w/out brake to one w/brake is worthwhile. Dad has told me that the original has never been apart since new in 1972. Worked great Thursday night when I mowed last. Cub Cadet there is no substitute!!!

Man Little G was awesome.....My first one and I was impressed.

I should have bought more things but I bought a few and hey...that means I still have some $$$ in my pocket.

One problem....my darn kid wants me to build a puller now

Little G was a very good time, enjoyed talking with many old friends!!! Yes, Big Steve is still smiling about his 1772 TD and 982 TD rides......yeah, he wants one.....
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

I will say, they were very impressive and will require LOTS of weight to be able to use all of the power that 5-8# of boost has to offer.

I scored a nice red windbreaker complete with roof and rear curtain for what I thought was a very fair price during the first hour I was at the show this AM.......so at least one of the 782's won't have to look like such an orphan with a bright yellow windbreaker this winter, and I'll be warm and toasty on both the blade and the thrower tractors!!!! Win-win situation in my book!!!!

BTW, what has everyone been using (specifically) for replacement widnshield material in the windbreakers??? This one needs some help as the heat from long term storage in an attic has cracked and clouded it.

steve--

not 100% on what's in the smaller windbreakers for the windshield, but in the one off of my dad's 656, he got a thin sheet of plexi and cut to fit. lexan might be too stiff, but the plexi curved nice.

Went to the 39th Annual Dodge County Antique Power Show Burnett, WI, yesterday. This year one of the features was the Vintage Garden Tractor Club of America had a large display, along with Hank Will autographing his great Cub Cadet book. Lots of lawn and garden tractors on display, but surprisingly, not that many Cubs. Here's a few shots of interest;

63457.jpg

63458.jpg

63459.jpg

63460.jpg

63461.jpg

This one's a bit off topic, but as I'm fond of hot rod tractors...

63462.jpg

Charlie, they arrive shortly after you left.

Chris,
I left shortly after 2:00, about the time it started to rain again. I had plans for the evening or I would have stayed to watch both tractors pull. I could tell when you were plowing that it is going to take some weight to get that power to the ground. But I was very impressed with the power those engines are putting out.

Dennis F.,

Thanks for the clarification on the different sides of most snap rings.
thumbsup.gif

Regarding the fix for, "...that steering problem of only being able to turn tight one way..."
Might you have a pic of such a modified steering arm you can post/share?
I'm not quite picturing or understanding what you're describing....
Thanks! Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Anyone know of a way to clean up the plastic lens on a hour meter? As you see I have a problem..

63467.jpg

Tom P: 3M makes a plastic polish that will help that. I've also found that Brasso (the metal polish) also works good....

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

I haven't quite come off my "TURBO HIGH" yet. Thanks to Chris and Mike for letting me put hours on their cadets. Little G was great and I enjoyed visiting with everybody. I can't wait to see those disels work at plow day (maybe I can get another "turbo fix!!!)

Tom P.
I had very little luck cleaning up the lens on my hourmeter. I took the lens out of mine and went to a local glass shop, who gave me a piece of plastic?? that I cut to the same size with a band sander. It is not easy getting the old lens out. Good luck.

Tom P. Someone posted a long time ago about using toothpaste for restoring the face of plastic. It worked great for me. I fabbed a simple base out of an old plastic sandpaper disk (that fits in your drill) and then adhesive mounted a fingernail polish taker offer pad, put on some toothpaste and went at it. Turned out clear and shiney and smelled good too.

Big Steve..... cool on the turbo high! Awesome machines that were built!!!

Dave Kirk...... great shots. You, into hot rods??
LOL.

I just KNOW my box of goodies from Madsen's will arrive tomorrow and I can't wait!!

Like Jim Steele used to say!
A blind hog lucks on an acorn once and a while, LOL
Went to an auction today and they had this,
63486.jpg

63487.jpg

I threw my hand up and won it.
63488.jpg

It's gonna be great for testing S/G's and batteries. Especially for the price.
biggrin.gif

Steve,
Anytime you want a Diesel fix, I'll bring it down to Roanoke for you. Glad you enjoyed it.
Tom H,
Saw your "Mein Kub" pull the sled Saturday at Little G. It looks the same, and pulled pretty good once the guys helped him get him going.

I got the windbreaker I picked up at Little G cleaned up today.....and it cleaned up very well!! Some new windshield glass and away I go!!!

63490.jpg

63491.jpg

63492.jpg

63493.jpg

Back