• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through August 04, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chris,

Big Steve and I had his new 982 out for a spin this evening...if he can't get a diesel fix, at least he can get a Super fix
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
It will be showing up at a plow day with a 12" sleeve hitch plow on it and from the sound of the Onan under the hood it should be a fun one to run.

Thanks for all the pic's from Little G's Guys. I was down in Moline this weekend and drove home Rt 61 yesterday afternoon and all I saw was trailer loads of green & yellow tractors. Nice to see Yellow & White & red/White was so well represented too!

STEVE B. - Nice find on the IH Windbreaker. If You ever find one in similar condition for a 544 or 656 FARMALL remember Me!!!!! I need one for the Super H or M for pushing snow in the winter.

Need help: I keep breaking the front PTO bearing on my 105. I looked at the pics. in your cub fac section about how to lock the coller to the bearing but would the some pics. of were the bearing should set on the crank. I'll try to send a pic of whats going on Thanks for your time. Bill

Thanks Digger, do the set screws on the clutch tighten on out side of the bearing or do they tighten on the top of the race, I kept breaking the locking coller off of the bearing mybe the coller and the bearing wern't locked togeather the correct way. My pic. never made it here Thanks for the help. Very helpful Bill

Hey guys, I need your opinion about a possible cub purchase. I'm not really into the cubs but this deal seems too good to pass up, besides I have heard good things about the old stick drives.

Anyhew... A buddy of mine wants to sell me his grammas 2 cub 104 tractors. one has a nice mower deck on it(I've seen it) and the other one ,so I'm told, has a really nice blower on it. He'll take 200 for the pair. Would these be worth my time and money or not. ANY input is appreciated.

Carey

Carey, sounds like a good deal to me! Be ready for several posts saying to pass on it and tell them where they are located.
roflol.gif

I'm fine with passing it on to the cub nuts as long as I get a good deal on a decent jd 110 or a 140.

Carey

Front wheel bearing went out on 122 yesterday again. Problem is wheel center pipe is worn larger on one end so hard to shim for correct tightness or maybe its the cheap sealed bearings I find. How have others repaired these. Do you have machine/welding shop put in a new center tube? I see most replacement bearings have open back for grease to enter but I have no grease fitting on my wheel. Am I supposed to be packing the hub with grease when I reassemble?
Thanks

CAREY - Why on EARTH would You want a 110? It's a belt drive?
eek.gif
Engine sits in the tractor cross-ways, it was made with cheap vendor supplied parts from the lowest bidder.... And it was copied from a cheaper tractor. Engineer that lived neighbors to My Family when I grew up who designed the transmissions & drive axles for Jon Deare's self-propelled combines in E.Moline said He'd BUY a JD L&G tractor when they made a tractor as good as a Cub Cadet.... He finally built His own in about 1970!
dunno.gif
Got tired of waiting!

And a 140 is a Cub Cadet 123 copy....

I will admit when I was looking for a job 8 yrs ago I wanted to work at JD HORICON, but then everyone at JD wants to work there.... Figured with My help doing field testing & buying parts I could improve their equip. a lot!
lol.gif

Well, Carey if you weren't in NY i might have a line on a JD140 w/ tiller/blower/deck/blade here in IL.....

Denny-
When I worked at Waterloo Works, all the engineers wanted to work at that country club! (and anyone that HAS ever worked there gets the joke!)

Could anyone out there tell me that has a super garden tractor with a 3 point hitch, the distance from the ground to the lower link point where you attach the arm to the implement when the arms are lowered down all the way? Also could you tell me the hole to hole distance of the lower link as well. Working on my 3 point and want to make sure my arms go low enough and I have the right arm length.

Rob F:

The length of the lower arm, from center point of each hole, is 21". The Minimum distance of the lower arm to ground is, 2".

Thanks Roland! That was quick. can't wait to get my hitch designed. Of course there will be picture when I get it done in a few months.

Carey, I'll be tryin to get ahold of ya. Think I may be able to help us out. I'm close enough I could almost throw a 110 into your yard from mine.

Bren

Wow!
I spend some time in the shop today and come back to JD's and SGT's, Hmmmm
bottom.gif

I coulda swore we had other topic sections for that kinda stuff!

Charlie there is hope I grew up on those green machines (I actually had to drive one at the old mans yesterday) and all I own are cub cadets or cadets. there is hope for everyone.

Latest posts

Back