Archive through August 03, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
James S,
No that's not why it came apart, only you know that since you can see what it looks like now. ;-)
You say it came apart, how did it come apart?
Did you replace the teaser spring{the little short one}? Did you check to make sure that the long loading spring was all there and not broken? Did you resurface the pressure plates?
Was the throw out bearing good? man this could go on forever! ;-)

can someone please tell me how to adjust the clutch in my Original. I dont get it to disengage till the peddle is almost all the way down and its quick to engage. Still grips good but I think it needs adjusted. Thanks Mike

Mike-
Read this....
20684.jpg

and look at this...
20685.jpg

<font size="-2">All images courtesy of "Kraig"!</font>

This AM's question.......

Why is it that your well pump goes bad right in the middle of your shower, just AFTER you soap up, but just BEFORE you rinse off???????

Steve, that would be one of Murphy's corollaries. :eek:)

While I have not had the well pump go out I have had the power go out and I've also had the water softener kick in to regenerate which takes nearly all the water pressure. How old was your well pump?

Kraig,

26 years old, I've got 220 on the wire headed out to the pump, but I wasn't going to pull the well head and check there this AM (just finished raining, kneeled down in wet grass checking for live 220 or not is not my idea of a good way to start the AM)

Best case....loose wire at well head...worst case $500 well pump....

Did IH ever make or market a pull-behind fertilizer spreader for the Cub Cadet?
Steve,
Thank you for not posting a photo to help illustrate your question....

Bruce, there were several aftermarket manufacturers that were advertised in <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Cub Cadet brochures. Here's a few, Brinly also made some that were advertised in Cub Cadet brochures.
20688.jpg

20689.jpg

20690.jpg

Steve, yeah that would not be fun! The loss of the water in the middle of your shower would be enough of a shock for one day. :eek:)

Kraig,
Thanks. What can you tell me about the tractor in front of the "Cyclone" spreader-seeder? It looks like it has an unusual seat, a left fender from a 1x6, and either a missing right fender or one from a 1x4 or earlier. Just a weird scan?

Bruce M. -

It's called "too much time with the airbrush".

You give an intern one thing to do, and they take WAY too much artistic license.

Look thru some of the other L&G brands' literature, they were guilty of it, too.

I remember one of the Little G newsletters that showed, I believe, an ad for some implement being pulled by an MF L&G tractor. It looked for sure like it had a Cub Cadet rearend. Anyway, I know I posted it here, so Kraig should have it at his fingertips.

BRyan, I'm sure I have it but I don't recall when it was posted. If you give me an approximate date (month and year or even quarter and year) of when it was posted I might be able to find it. So many photos so little time..........

Kraig -

Send a set of CDs to Ryan, he's got enough time to mentally index all of them for you
lol.gif

I've got no clue when it was. I'll have to check with Mary Herbers this Saturday and see if I can take a peek at the back issues...

Ryan -

Sorry, it was too easy
wink.gif

Bryan, good idea!! I should also send a stack of blanks with so he can burn a bunch for me, I have a few I need to send out. :eek:)

Bryan- Nice...got a good laugh out of it!

I do recall that picture as well...Robb said it was pulling the Krugerflipper RR-169, right?

Don't be a chicken Steve, get that multi-meter out there...or tap it with the BACK of your hand so that when you muscles contract it doesn't grab hold of that conductor...geez...even us telephone guys know that!
happy.gif

Anybody know if a Simplicity Belly blade can be easily mounted/adapted on a Cub? Got offered a '64? Landlord with push blade, deck & belly blade for a good price..motor needs a cam though.

Gimpy,

Simply put "Simplicities, SUCK moose balls"
I have been fighting with one here at work for a couple of weeks. Who the hell would put the S/G belt at the back of the engine?!!?! You have to pull the freaking motor to put in a new one!! And that aint no easy task if you want to put it back in!!! God I hate those POS's!!!!!!!

(Message edited by till on August 04, 2004)

Tedd -

Technically, that IS the front of the motor...

Check your Kohler parts lists - you'll see that the FRONT seal is on the blower end of the engine. I'm pretty sure it's the same concept on all small engine makes...

Tedd -

Not to turn this place into simpletractors, but...

I just pop out the flex coupling and feed the belt in the space that's left.

Latest posts

Back