• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 28, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Karl - Step into the 21<font size="-2">st</font> Century and pour the MMO on your Corn Flakes and put 1/2 a bottle of Cerma in your engine and the remaining half in the rear end.

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

By KENtuckyKEN (Kweaver) on Sunday, April 29, 2007 - 04:52 pm:

Todd - Time to buy a JD.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
SUCH BLASPHEMY FROM YOUR MOUTH, KENtuckyKEN!
wink.gif

Bob L.,
Glad to hear you got your 104 cutting in style now!
thumbsup_old.gif

Nate P.,
You're just asking - and I'm just talking.
I doubt you'll get anyone to suggest that they're trying to re-write the manuals. The point of the matter is - many of the manuals for the garden tractors discussed on this forum were written well over 25+ years ago. Oils have come a long way since then. I think what Charlie P is implying to Karl is rather than 'hurting himself' by trying to locate some straight 30wgt motor oil as the old manual calls for, Karl (or anyone) can simply use the more commonly found 10W-30, 15W-40, etc. motor oils and don't worry about it. I haven't been on this forum all that long, but I can't think of one engine failure ever being mentioned that was directly linked to the operator using the wrong type of motor oil. I am quite confident to say that WAY MORE engines die a terrible death due to the LACK OF OIL than from having the wrong type of motor oil...

Also consider what KENtuckyKEN said as well;
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

By KENtuckyKEN (Kweaver) on Monday, April 30, 2007 - 07:19 am:

Karl - Step into the 21st Century... and put 1/2 a bottle of Cerma in your engine and the remaining half in the rear end.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Nate, You won't find CERMA mentioned in the manual either nor will your neighborhood dealer likely put it in writing that it WILL HURT nor will he say it WILL HELP anything, but it's been demonstrated by many users here that it works and improved the performance of their old tractors. Granted these old tractors will still do the job without it, but new technology can help eventhough it isn't listed in the OEM manual. As always, "They're your cards, you play them the way you want." Have a great day!
Ryan W
coffee.gif

Kentuck,
Actually, you would be better off putting the Cermax on your corn flakes as it's totally environmentally friendly.
Example of a rescent test on a 15 year old diesel Case/IH tractor,
<font color="0000ff">#2) Emissions went from 7.5( IDLE ) to .1 ( Under a load )</font>

Kraig - We gotta prove something to Ryan ...
Do you still have the section posted back in 99 - 00 that had pics of a blown engine because the wrong oil was used ? I remember the pictures but forget the story with it.

Ryan - I do know of an engine that threw the push rods off the lifters because it had the wrong oil.

You mean they make something other than straight 30 & 40 weight oil ??

Charles - Why would I do that when I need it in my engine to help do my part to clean up the air.

Thanks Ryan for you input!....I buy all my 30w non-deg. oil at Napa!...it's right there on the shelf.....
thumbsup_old.gif

STEVE B. - Nice find on the 185. Dad's old 154 looked MUCH rougher than that....when He bought it and when it went down the road last summer... Still as Your Mom found out they had one of the best mowing decks of ANY Cub Cadet. Dad's also had the little tires...Plus there was a set of chains and the front blade all included at His sale last summer.

Anyone ever use Castrol Heavy Duty 30wt? I use it in all my air cooled 4-cycle motors.

Latest posts

Back