• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Hello From Tennessee,

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello From Tennessee,

Follower of Jesus, Husband, Father, Just retired from the Army, enjoy hunting, trapping, fishing, and just about all things mechanical. The Lord has just blessed us with the opportunity to raise our young kids on and be stewards of a beautiful 15 acre mostly wooded property roughly 50 min SW of Nashville. And looking for a Cub Cadet to put into service to maintain said property.

I've been looking around at everything from old Jacobsen GTs (my dad still has the one I grew up driving though she now only does snow plow duty and leaks hydraulic fluid like a sieve), to Case 448s, to Snapper/massey ferguson 1650s, farm alls, simples... but I keep coming back to the Cub Cadets... I think a 125 might be about right but a 14 or 16 horse could be better for my purposes...

Property has about a acre to mow around the house, a 3 acre 65-75yd wide strip of overgrown brushy field that needs reclaimed for food plot purposes, 300yd gravel driveway to maintain, 11 acres of woods to maintain, logs to drag (mostly downhill), fire pits and campsites to prepare, backstops for shooting ranges to build... She will have her work cut out for her ohh and did I mention this is mtn ground with 2 streams and multiple draws... so some steep areas, some wet areas, some steep and wet areas. Gonna have to get a winch for the front of her :cool: she gonna be a Mtn Tractor working girl!!!

Needless to say looking for a Cub Cadet of the 125 to the 169 variety in working or very near to working order with some attachments. Not looking for perfect.
In a perfect world attachments would be a 3 pt hitch, mower, brush hog, rear grader, trailer and the infamous near non existent sickle... hey a guy can pray/dream right? Definitely not expecting all that at once but if the good Lord so provides im not gonna say no!

So Hello and I'm here to find a Cub Cadet! Lord may I find one before I get pulled astray and buy something else!

Trust in God and keep your powder dry!

WELCOME!

I grew up driving a 125 that my parents bought new. I still have it, though it’s all apart waiting for me to get it refurbished. I have 3 125s and 2 105s a 127 an Original a 1450 and various models as parts tractors.

Welcome, Ben, and congratulations on your retirement. Hope you'll get what you're praying for.
Do you live on that property? I can imagine how great it is to live there.:)

Welcome to the forum. No property taxes in TN, nice!
Bought an Original just south of Nashville a few years back. If you are in a hurry to get a cub, check facebook marketplace.

Last edited:
There are definitely property taxes in Tennessee! Lived here all my life... What we don't have is a state income tax.

There are Cubs to be found around here. Sounds like you might not live too far away. I'm in Maury county and I work in Lawrence county, if either of those is in your neck of the woods.

No state taxes?!!! That's even better!
Not real close. Rockingham County, North Carolina. :errrr:

In the mean time I snagged a running snapper 1650 (originally Massie Ferguson 1650 but bought by snapper in the late 70s) as I couldn’t pass it up… 16hp, hydrostatic, hi lo speed, working rear PTO (2000 rpm…), mower deck, dump trailer, rotatiller, set of discs, turning plow, class 0 3pt hitch with powered raise and powered lower… nice piece is the implements will work on a cub cadet so I’ll keep looking and gathering implements in the mean time… she will be a good Mtn tractor for now…

now to order some ag tires to fill with some RV antifreeze, a little atv winch and some wheel spacers so it won’t roll over as easy and can get around my property a little better😎

Back