• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 28, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcrews

displayname
James Crews
Hello Ken I could not keep myself from trying to pop a wheelie on the street did it just fine! Of course nothing compared to the 1250 before detuning but raised my 275lbs.just fine.

shame.gif

I used my tiller today for the first time. The ground was so hard the tines sometimes would stop turning and the belt would start smoking. I thought I was quick about lifting the tiller up to prevent this from happening, but evidently I was not quick enough because about an hour into using the tiller the belt broke. Thank goodness Myron Bounds has one and it'll be coming to me one day next week. Even though I broke a belt, I am very much pleased because the last time I used a tiller I had bad dreams about it vibrating and shaking me all over a garden. To be able to sit on a cushioned seat and operate a tiller is the next best thing to ice cream.

I also removed a steering wheel yesterday with the bolt and hammer trick I read about here and was told about when I visited Myron Bounds. If I can do it- anyone can!

Now I'm trying to get my nerve up to try and improve the steering on my 1650 with the "steering upgrade". I need to convince myself that i can do it, but right now I just don't know yet.

Keep up the good work with this forum.

I have had a busy extended weekend so far and its only half over. Friday we went to the Pioneer Power Swap meet. Here is a picture of the layout. I would guess there were over 15000 people there this weekend.

Today I did a little work on 147 #4. It was running crappy. It was shaking and sputtering. I cleaned the carb thinking that was the issue. It wasn't. I connected a timing light and noticed it was missing. Turns out the condenser was bad. Now it runs like a dream.

55921.jpg

good cub day today 1-1806 with creeper,2-149"s,123,106,1450 with dual hydraulic's
55926.jpg

55927.jpg

55928.jpg

If a body has more than 1 cubby how do they spend enough time with each so as not to make anybody jealous?????????

Big Steve came home with a new toy last night.....seems somebody over fertilized this Cub Cadet a little bit!!!!!

55930.jpg

A nice clean good running 185 with a 59" Woods deck that mows as nice as a well tuned 44"!!!

Mrs. Big Steve stopped mowing with the 1812 & 44" deck long enough to take the 185 for a test drive and promptly declared it her "new favorite mowing tractor", then added "just get me a spinner for the steering wheel".

And after all of the Cub fun dad and I got the planter out so we can plant some corn this week.

Henri,
You just have to get a few of them together once and a while to play together.
55932.jpg

55933.jpg

The rule is! One Cub for every attachment, that's all you have to remember.
biggrin.gif

As long as we're slidin off topic tonight.
I don't think those skinny tires would push my big ole nasty blade Steve.
55935.jpg

Now if they only made Firestone 23 deg's for those big rims!!!!!

I agree, the big tires look better on the back, but those little tires up front steer really easy!!

The one dad found has an almost perfect grill suround...which means it gets a front bumper real quick!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif

Charlie,Ijust don't have room for all that LOVE.(wo is me).

I have a Hy-Tran leak that appears to be coming from the lower end of the trans tube, where it connects to the transmission case/rear end. I checked the nut and it's tight. Is this a compression type fitting? If so, is there any way to stop the leak, or do I need to replace the tube and nut? If I have to replace it, can I capture and reuse the Hy-Tran that I just changed a couple weeks ago, or will I risk damaging the unit with possible contamination? (Ignorance may be bliss for some people, but right now I'm hatin' it!)

Charlie,are all those babies in working order or are you just a cub horder?(you are truly a wealthy man)

Greg

I also have a 782 that had the very same symptoms as what you described. I tried to tighten the nut on the bottom tube and found that it was tight. It turns out that my leak was actually higher on the hydro pump. One of my relief valves decided to begin oozing fluid. So it just might be that your tube is fine and your leak is coming from up higher and the fluid is just seeking out the lowest point.

' Morning All. Just a quick HOWDY here. I finally got to use the 782D for mowing yesterday. I first used the 125 with a 42" deck that came with a non-running 105 that I recently acquired. Although the deck is noisy it mows fairly nice. When I fired up the "D"... WOW!!! What a dfference. Now I know everyone is saying, "Where's some pics?" Angel is working on things with this computer. I let her since it is her computer. It fascinates her more than me.

Steve B. Nice addition to the family. Congratulations.

Charlie P. I got myself a bigger "instant do-it-yourself" Cub shed Friday. You're right. They do come in handy.

David E - I'll check that out. If you are correct I'll have to really start reading, as I know nothing about the hydro pump other than its location, and I know there's been a ton of info written about them around here. (usually prefer to wait for the movie, rather than read the book!)

rtfm.gif
coffee.gif

Thanks for the suggestion, David (I think!)

Medical advice is DO NOT USE A MIG WELDER if you have a defibralator and pacemaker. Are there any forum member with these implants that still uses a welder? I sold my welder but miss it almost every day.

Greg (LIP)

If you go to Charlie's FAQ's you can find a lot about finding hydro leaks.

Latest posts

Back