• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 25, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hydro, the PTO adjust rod and turnbuckle are painted as is the lift bracket hardware on the lift arm. Speaking of the lift bracket, there's an odd bracket above it held on with a second U-Bolt. AND unless it's the original S/G belt, there's paint on it too.

Ethan-

Magnum, no way; Command, maybe.

You'd have to completely destroy the frame to get a Magnum in there. I have seen it done. Not pretty, or strong. The Command swap has been done, but you'd have to extensively modify the side panels or not use them, and still possibly notch the frame. The starter is rather large.

If you want to put a Command in something, get a 782.

Ethan, while not a Magnum or Command (or even Kohler...) this is basically what you'd have to do to the frame and side panels. This Cub is likely one that Matt was referring to. It belonged to a former forum member and looked much worse before he fixed a bunch of stuff...

EDIT: I should mention that the former forum member was NOT the one that hacked that poor Cub up, he got it that way and then found the forum and worked to improve it.

314279.jpg

314280.jpg

314281.jpg

Attachments

• 314279.jpg
    314279.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 152
  • 314280.jpg
    314280.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 149
  • 314281.jpg
    314281.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 132
  • 314279.jpg
    314279.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 129
  • 314280.jpg
    314280.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 115
  • 314281.jpg
    314281.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 122
Ethan, you'd be better off at least sticking with a k series Kohler in the other 1450. I've contemplated making my 1450 roller in a 1650 with the k341aqs sitting in my garage. Except it has the wrong crankshaft. But be careful with project planning, you can get carried away easily!

Ok fellas,roger loud and clear I'll stick to fixing the other k321aqs motor for the duel stick roller. Digger-I just got my order in the mail thanks again for the prompt and courteous service

Ethan, my friend and I had an original with a Tecumseh snow blower engine. Whoever installed it does deserve some credit for the reversing drive shaft they installed on a platform right under the engine. A whole mess of work not required in my opinion, but it seemed to work ok. He didn't keep it, needed way too much work, but was fun to put around on for awhile.
While keeping an open mind, please, PLEASE don't put a twin BS engine in it!!
feint.gif

Attachments

• feint.gif
    feint.gif
    1.9 KB · Views: 125
Ethan - When I saw the pics Kraig posted I nearly vomited, but then I saw your last post and my stomach calmed down - whew.

Kraig - yes I saw that - a bracket with a U-bolt to hold the original bracket with a U-bolt. The original bracket has a tendency to slip around a little I believe especially when ramming so the extra U-bolt and bracket probably help stop that. And I saw the painted belt but wanted to believe it was just a reflection. Hey, I didn't quite figure out the Light Blue seat cover tho. Nice color match to the piping, but seems to have a fit and finish issue
biggrin.gif
Heck, if Charlie gets it, it really won't matter. He'll just make sure some of that white stuff he has flying around 8 months out of the year, keeps it covered.

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 123
Earl- a Briggs in a cub cadet, why that simply isn't done my good fellow. Harry- I figured a few of the elder statesmen would have some misgivings about my idea, just wanted to run it up the flag pole so to speak,I'm hoping to have the engine in and maybe just maybe try to start Iron Patriot this weekend....just a quick update

Does anyone know of a source for brushes for the Electric Lift Motor?

Back