• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 23, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning everyone...My 124 needs a little help. I finally made it run after filing the points and turning on the gas (I didn't realize it had a shut off ha ha). It has sat for about 5 years and fired off without a problem. Now, the problem. Where is the clutch? I have to start it in gear (it's real strong) but I can't change gears (grinding). I thought it was the only pedal on it but it doesn't do anything except stop it so I figure it's the brake. Could the clutch be stuck on? Please, if you konw how to fix this, please share your wisdom. This is my first IH.

Thanks Everyone.

Don B,
Yep, that's another 147. It's the first manual lift one for me though.
And believe it or not, Travis is the one that sent me the info on it and for 50 bucks for the tractor, blade, chains and a few other goodies, I can't complain.

The other one is a 123 that Kraig M. found and sent me the info on. And on top of all that, he even helped load the heavy stuff in the pouring down rain last friday with NO HAT too!!!

So I guess I owe both those guys a big THANK YOU!

Oh yea, I don't need anymore of a reputation that I already have!!!!!! LOL
There's already a bunch out there that think I'm an a$$hole, but hey! If the shoe fits, wear it I say!

Charlie,

...of course, that title is as much "self proclaimed" as anything else.......

Steve-
What's the aux pump you're putting in the 628 for hydraulic lift?

Little gear pump from the Northern outlet store. +/-1.5gpm at 1800, 3gpm @3600. The new PTO clutch come off and goes on my 782, the pump will just be direct driven off of the crank shaft right above the QA hooks (lower in the frame for priming since the rear axle housing will be the hyd. tank).

I'll have to add a little in-line relief valve between the high and low side of the system to keep from blowing the o-rings on an 82 series cylinder.

I have a model 804 and I am having a problem getting it to move faster. I move the shift lever forward to a higher gear but it only moves slowly, it seems like it will only stay in 1st gear. I would like to get an owners manual for it so I can somehow fix the problem. Anyone else have the same problem and know how to fix it or know where I can get an owners manual?

Anyone here planning to attend any of the shows (Illinois) this year?

i.e. showing your Cub(s). Or going for that matter...

Help.....Frustration level Red.

I am trying to mount the bar that runs from the lift handle to the rear 3 point lift. There is a plate with a pin the bar goes onto. I can not figure out what is up or down...... right left, etc. Does someone have a pic to show how this plate mounts to the lift??

Thanks

Bruce - if it's a wide frame, hold it so the pin is facing away from you.

Now rotate it so that the holes match what's on the bottom of the lift handle. I think it's top left and bottom right (it might be the other way).

Mounting that made me pause too.

Rick,

Im new to all this, what shows in Illinois? I live in Elgin, and I'd be up for a show or two. I'm thinking of keeping my eye out for a 147... one that I could tinker on.

Chuck

Rick,

It's a 129. Does the pin face the narrow (hard to get at) side? Is the pin up or down? Tight quarters for sure.

I think it's the same on both WF & NF, the pin faces the frame. So it's between the lift mechanism and the frame. And yes, it's very tight in there!

Chuck - there's a few. I know a lot of these guys always hit the Sycamore show. I'm trying to put together a list of shows. Hopefully in the next few days I'll have something whipped up.

Bruce N.
This picture might help you. I always mount the small plate to the bar and then install the bar in from the rear, then you just need to hold the plate up to the rockshaft and install the two bolts.

27577.jpg

Jeff Hines:
I'm by no means the right guy to answer your questions, BUT, since you own a slant grille <font size="-2">one of the finer tractors ever designed by IH</font> I thought I'd at least get the ball rollin'

Scroll up the page and click on the FAQ section. Pic # 18 and you'll get a bird's eye view of the clutch. I'd start by soaking the linkage and throw out bearing with PB Blaster. Maybe after 5 years of sitting something is frozen.

Here's a few pics of the clutch that Kraig published not too long ago.
27579.jpg

27580.jpg

Hydro's help you aviod these clutching issues.
happy.gif

But then again, I think Ken Updike, has a clutch you can put on your hydro.....
crazy.gif

I'll go back to yard work now........

The PB blaster <font size="-2">sounds like a sandwich to me</font> will help a lot.}

help.gif

I have a bit of a problem with my loader cub.
I have a set of 23-10.50-12 super lug on the rear with 170lbs on each wheel and 160lbs hanging off the back & 20 lbs under the seat for a total of 520lbs dead weight.
The problem I am haveing is I dont seem to have enough traction to back up a slite incline with a load in the bucket.
Would I get better traction with a set of 23-8.50's ?
I am running the wide tire & rim on the front to help float the load. so as not to rut up my yard.
Any Ideas? suggestions?

I'm not sure what PB Blaster would do to the clutch lining, but it probably wouldn't hurt it too bad. I've never had it happen to a Cub Cadet or any other tractor but I've heard that the clutch linings and plates can stick solidly together and cause the problem Jeff is having. I'd try latching the clutch in the disengaged position, put the tractor in 3rd gear and rock it back & forth as hard as I could. It might jar the facings apart. Also make sure the clutch is releasing the pressure from the clutch spring, Item #2 in Ray's picture.

LONNIE - Front Wheel Assist? I think Steve B had plans a couple years ago to make a Loader Cub by reversing the tractor and put the bucket on the drive wheel end. Not as silly as it sounds, Dad was considering doing the same thing to His Farmall M loader tractor in about 1963 also! Remember to carry the weight LOW when using loaders on hills and slopes.

Dennis.
I had thought of building the loader so the loader was on the back end, just could not come up with any Ideas.
I always keep the bucket close to the ground when carying a load until I need to dump it into the trailer. This however does not seem to make any difference when trying to back up with a load, I have tried raiseing the bucket to see if the weight would transfer to the rear wheels , no luck.
I am currently running the super lugs in reverse to help pull the load out of the pile, this has helped some but not much.

(Message edited by lbuttke on April 25, 2005)

Latest posts

Back