• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 23, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bart, don't know if it would work for your hood. I bought some of that window weather stripping that sticks on one side and neatly placed it on the inside edges of my hood on the 682. It actually looks like it was made that way and my hood is quiet now. It used to rattle a little during certain rpm's and throttle up.

By Roland Bedell (Rbedell) on Saturday, April 23, 2005 - 06:28 pm:

Bill:

Model: K301AQS
Spec: 47541

Hope this helps,

Roland

Thanks Roland!! Thats what I needed.

I found the part number for the complete engine, and the part number for the short block, but I couldn't find the spec. number...............

In regards to the Hydro Filters........
I just picked up a NAPA 1410 filter last week for my 1250, it was $7.99. I don't remember how much the last hydro filter I got at a CC dealer cost, but,......NAPA is 2 blocks from where I work, and the closest Cub Cadet dealer is 25 miles one way from my house.

This winter I was getting a 44A deck ready, and I decided to spring for a new set of blades. Printed on the box was "Made for Cub Cadet Corporation".................if MTD/Cub Cadet don't make their own mower blades, I doubt they make their own hydro filters.

Charlie,
That's close but no cigar. Thanks anyhow.
worthy.gif
I didn't like that one 'cause I thought that if you swing up the hood fast or it cathes some wind you would
censored.gif
up the hood. The one I remember seeing was on a 1X8-1X9 series and if was hooked up to the top of the nose piece.

Bart,
On the shaking hood. Doesn't that tractor have hood latches? You can use that window weater stipping or try the stuff you put un the door edges of your car. It comes in clear, chrome, and not sure of other colors.

(Message edited by thoffman on April 24, 2005)

Yeah the 1200 so far seems to have had a very easy life. That will surely change
happy.gif

The camera I have (Sony DSC-S30) is an older model and the LCD flips out and around so I can get into tight spots and see what I'm doing
happy.gif

I've been looking and it seems that they do have the holes in the QL line regarldless if it's a gear drive or a hydro. But hopefully someone else can confirm this.

LOL! The "fugly 86" is in the back right of that photo. The 86 is going into retirement, what that will bring for it I don't know yet.

The other QL is a 1000. My original intent was to rebuild it and paint it like a 5488, but after really digging into it, it may be too far gone rust wise (I was going to have it powder coated). Now it may become a worker or get parted out. Haven't quite made up my mind there yet.

The doors in the profile photo are at a friends house. He has an old 3 car shed out back.

Rick,
Pretty sure the tunnel cover on all the wide frame grinders had the slot for the "optional" creeper. I'll have to check my one and only whiner.

Wild Bill -

First, would you please not quote the entire post when responding to someone? All you need to do is address them by name. Thanks.

Second, I don't think anyone here ever said that MTD made their own filters. But you know FOR SURE that you're getting the correct filter and not some "will fit" if you buy one of theirs.

I <u>know</u> that the larger hole is for the Hydro lift on models with that option, not sure on the small one. I'll look at mine.

Rick M. -

One hole is for the hydraulic lift, the other hole is for the hydro speed/direction control.

Makes inventory a lot simpler if you only make one part instead of 3 (one for gear, one for hydros with hydraulic lift and one for hydros without hydraulic lift), dontcha think?
wink.gif

LOL! I know <u>what</u> it's for!
clappy.gif

Do the gear drives and the hydro's share the same dash assembly? My guess is by commodity of scale, yes.

I'd just never noticed the holes on the gear drive QL's. I'll have to look at the 1000 when I go down this morning and see if they're there too.

EDIT: Bryan answered it as I posted.
happy.gif

(Message edited by rmunday on April 24, 2005)

Rick M. -

Well, let's open our TC-157 parts books and have a look...
wink.gif

1200:
Cowl - IH-61293-C3
Pedestal - IH-61518-C3

1450:
Cowl - IH-61293-C3
Pedestal - IH-61518-C3

Hmmmm...
lol.gif

That's what I figured, but posted the question as a sanity check.
happy.gif
It's certainly cheaper for them!

Thanks!

---

Now the only outstanding question is on the transaxle. The info I have shows the 1200 as having external brakes. The 1200 I have on hand has internal.

Was there a variation during manufacturing?

i.e. a shortage of one design lead to installation of the other? Or, has this one been replaced at one time or another?

The transaxle on this one certainly looks to be the original one.

(Message edited by rmunday on April 24, 2005)

Well, the guy was at his shop yesterday, and even helped me push it into the back of my truck. He was going to call a guy to pick it up, but said he was "glad to see somebody who wants to give it a happy home". Until three weeks ago, it was less than half a mile from my house, but I had to drive about five miles to get it from CC purgatory. My initial contact said his neighbor was mowing with it in 2003, but now it isn't running. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, but the price was right....
Here he is in all his glory.
27531.jpg

Somebody made some interesting modifications.
In case the key switch wasn't enough....
27538.jpg

To avoid going too fast....
27539.jpg

For the high speed mowing jobs....
27540.jpg

The PTO clutch had been slipping, so to make sure the deck operated ALL THE TIME....
27541.jpg

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

For the high speed mowing jobs....<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

rofl.gif

Bryan: Sorry for the 'full quote' thing.

"Second, I don't think anyone here ever said that MTD made their own filters. But you know FOR SURE that you're getting the correct filter and not some "will fit" if you buy one of theirs."

True, But seems to me Ken (and maybe you too) was saying if you don't buy a yellow filter with Cub Cadet painted on it it is not the right filter.

I used to go to a Case/IH-Cub Cadet dealer to get parts, and if it was time, I would get a hydro filter too. Most of the time they had Fleetguard filters.

When my Suburban is due for an oil change I don't go back to the Chevrolet dealer to get the 'Genuine GM' filter and oil, so I know 'for sure' I'm getting the correct stuff.

Wild Bill -

Hardly a fair comparison. You can easily buy an AC/Delco filter at a retail outlet without having to go to a GM dealer. You can't say the same about a Cub Cadet labelled hydro filter.

Since we're flagellating a deceased equine here, let's just leave it at this - you do what you want, we'll do what we want, but we don't wanna hear any crabbing if your hydro fails at some point
lol.gif

Rick M...There is another "FB" due out this year at x-mas time that tells of the Quiet Line brake equipment......be patient.

Wild Bill....I run a bowtie truck and use genuine AC Delco filters on it too. When you purchase the filters in case lots they are VERY reasonable to buy! Why chance it with a Baldwin or Brand X filter????

Ah ha! Ken's got secrets to share with the world
thumbsup_old.gif
OK, I'll be patient.

I just got back from playing for a bit. You gotta love the QL's.
happy.gif

Latest posts

Back