• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 23, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcbusch

displayname
Terry Busch
Roger,
I don't know what, if anything, should be connected to the L terminal. Is there a spec sheet or manual for the regulator? Maybe you could scan in the manual for me and post it. I might be able to decipher it.

I was wondering if anyone has the 'spec number' for the engine in the 1250?

I checked the FAQ's, and all of the paperwork I have on the QL's but I can't find it. And I don't really want to pull the engine so I can see the 'sticker' on the flywheel shroud......lol

Thanks in advance!

Brrrrr, that was different. Like Tom H said, a few days ago it was 80°. Today I was mowing the church lawn and I got snowed on. Now the sun is shining. I hope the weather remembers it is spring.

I did some research on the Wix/Napa hydro filters.
The 1084 is marked "oil filter" and has an anti-drainback valve and a bypass. Now this is the one
that Wix lists by application for the CC hydros.
I called their tech line and they told me it is rated for lube oil and hydraulic use. They also
told me that it is the one they would warranty
if it caused a problem. Now the 1410 is marked
as a hydraulic filter and has no bypass or drainback valve. But, it cross references from both the old IH part # and the CCC part #.
The 1084 also crosses from the old IH part #, but
NOT from the CCC part #. This is all FYI, FWIW etc...
You guys can do what you want-you won't go wrong using the CCC filter.
I will probably switch to the 1410 since Steve B,
mentioned that a hyd suction filter shouldn't have a bypass valve. I will keep running the NAPA
filter since I work at a NAPA store. I like supporting the sponsers and the local CC dealer,
But I like supporting my employer too. (job security ya know..)

Todd, I found out most of the filters on that chart that was posted were wrong. I got the right ones coming, and I'm going to d oa test in the near future. The Purolator # was wrong too.

By Bart Marshall (Bmarshall) on Saturday, April 23, 2005 - 02:59 pm:

Hi Guys,
I'm about ready to scream. I just had finished the hood, cast iron front, etc. which I painted on my 149. I mounted the new hinge, and when it tipped forward, it cracked the paint on the corners and in the center near the hinge. What did I do wrong? It was a new hinge for a 149, (bought at my 50 year old IH dealer down the road). I noticed the older hinge on the 1650 I own doesn't allow the hood to go as far forward. Please help me.

Also what suggestions do you guys have for snugging up the hood, it seems to rattle (I know it going to rattle some-- it's an IHCC!) but would like to try and reduce the noise.

Lastly, I just bought a 126 that has cracking occuring on the front bolts of the hood (like we've all seen before). I'm looking for good ideas from the pros on how to stop the destruction of my tractors hoods.

Thank you guys you're the best.

A friend from a corvette forum went to an Air Show in Sumter,NC today and saw a flying Cub Cadet
jawdrop.gif

27517.jpg

Thought I'd share this with you as it's pretty neat.

wave.gif
Jeff

Bart, I can only say that there's two different hinge types, or at least there were two shown to me when I went to a local dealer to get a replacement.

One was a full standard piano hinge style. The other had notches cut to only allow so much movement. My guess is you got the first type which allowed the full rotation.

Todd M....Here's a thought....saving $2 on a Brand X filter is NOT where you need to "cut corners". The CCC filters are not THAT expensive and there are plenty of sponsors/dealers that carry them.

I understand the work loyalty idea, but when NAPA, BALDWIN, CARQUEST or WIX start making Garden Tractors, I'll buy thier filters......

Bart "M",
I'll bet you were doing some serious swearin,!
rant.gif
censored.gif
banned1.gif
swear.gif
I saw somewhere someplace where a guy bolted a "strap" or "cable" to the top hole on the upper front nose piece to the engine lift hook (I think, maybe the head stud). The hood will open to the desired position wanted. I thought it was kinda' slick,
whistling.gif
and will be doing that to my 128.

Rick,

I appreciate knowing now what the issue must have been. I guess I shouldn't assume dealers necessarily know the details... Now I'll try to go fix the damage.

Thanks

Tom,
I was cussin so loud my wife came out into the garage and told me to hold it down 'cause she could hear me inside.

I've got the old 149 my dad bought me (new) when I was about 10. Now I'm fixin 'er up so my 8 year old son can help me mow.

Sometimes we learn the hard way.

Made a little trip to Iowa today to pick up a 147 and found a wole freakin town full of combines! LOL
27522.jpg

27523.jpg

And a tractor or 2,
27524.jpg

And the makings of a fine Cub hauler,
27525.jpg

Rick M,
Congrats on the 1200. From the little wear on the shaft in your last picture, it doesn't look like it's had too hard of a life. How did you get that shot, just put the camera underneath and guess? I don't know enough about QL's to tell you anything about the brakes or hydro lever holes, but I'm sure somebody will.
Checking out your profile, you've listed just a "fugly 86". Is that it in the background of your first photo posted in the link below? What's the other QL in the storage area? Secret weapon of some sort?
By the way, neat looking doors on the building behind your 86 in your profile.

Latest posts

Back