• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 22, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heya all, thank you for the warm welcome!
Written in the manual I got (need to double check) it is SN 2050045V07579, I will double check when it is light out, and is a 128. The tractor is shown below and a recent catch so no loving to it yet.
I wondered, with the power I expect a tiller would need, how a spring (much less a belt) works well. It does have an adjustable screw on 1 of the 2 pulleys up, so maybe that is what is supposed to be there...
I will have to hunt under the rust to see of I can get the tiller model number heh. Yeah I got this guy for a work horse; a blade in front and the tiller in the back. I also got a second lil guy, both with plows and mowers for 500...how could I go wrong? (yes, and the one farther back is also a newer CC, heh). Missing from the shot is my 9N....

189052.jpg

189053.jpg

189054.jpg

I got the head off today lotts off carbon buildup
heres some pics everything looks fine no marks on cylinder head bolts where realy loose

189059.jpg

189060.jpg

189061.jpg

so I got the pto off, one of the set screws ended up cracking! But I have a surplus of parts :)

But can the clutch disk be replaced cause its looking pretty worn down?

And another problem I'm having is when I have the deck connected, and cutting some longer grass the blades bog down and stop. Do yea all think its the friction disk not biting down? Or something else?

Thanks
Luke

ScottMac:

205= IH Kind designator for a garden tractor.
0045= Factory code for a Model 128
U (not a V) = code for the Louisville Plant
The digits after the U will be the one-up serial number, but what you posted is missing some digits. Better actually look at the Tractor. It's on the rear, just to the left of the backplate.

It's the one-up numbers that could determine which belt you need, so that's gotta be correct.

Myron B

Got a lot of work done last weekend including the long overdue first mow and the families get-a-way house were I hunt and get firewood, etc. I help out were I can and my brother in law who normally mows it has a broken down mower. Had the deck stacked against me though - extra high grass - steep slopes - and to top it off it had been raining. They never mow unless its dry due to the steepness and all with turf tires, but I was hoping the new tires would help (GBC Gators in back in V61's up front) and I only get up there once a month so I didnt have much choice but to try. The tires did great! BTW the steepness just doesnt really show in the pics...

189073.jpg

189074.jpg

189075.jpg

And now for the main reason I went up there... I cut a bunch of wood a couple weekends ago but with the 6.5' bed on the F150 and hauling some gear didnt leave much room for a cord and half of wood. Took what I could, got the rest this trip with the 350 and trailer. I had just built some bed walls so I could load it up about even with the roofline. Think I was a tad overweight but it handled it fine. I took off the mower and mule drive for extra off road clearence and took the cub across the field and up the pipeline through the woods. I was really worried it would get stuck but those ag style tires made a world of difference.

189076.jpg

189077.jpg

I couldnt be happier with the 1000 (well I wish it did have a creeper, and hydraulic lift!). I got more into those tires than the tractor cost me though!
angry.gif

ps. I am nto sure if its my computer or the forum but my computer seems to randomly drop some of the pics, and it changes almost every time I hit refresh. ANyone else notice the same (I numbered the pics so you could tell if it was showing up or not, should be 5 pics)?

Tristan Stewart

(I couldnt be happier with the 1000 (well I wish it did have a creeper, and hydraulic lift!). I got more into those tires than the tractor cost me though)

I would have to ask what those tires cost? Or Cub Cadets are real cheap down your way !
Dropping pictures happens to me all the time on here,I use Mozilla Firefox browser and also have that problem. In my shop computer I use explorer and that browser does not drop pictures. Its a pain because if I look at this site in the house there might be only one picture in a post and when I view it in my shop there will be more pictures show up.
1a_scratchhead.gif

KENtuckyKEN
Thanks for the quick reply to my request.
worthy.gif
I have done a double take on you post and see that the chute has an adjustable top which would be great I think to get the snow where it needs to go. I will place a want add and see if anyone has one to sell. If not I will have to buy that set up. I wonder if the bottom chute part could be made from stainless steel and slip plate it? If I knew the length of the longer chute I would have to look into that.This issue is why i`am working on the 450 blower now so it will be ready this fall. Again thanks for your input.
coffee.gif

not sure if it is the right number but I found, on the back:
545687R1 (as best I could make out)

SCOTT McK. - Yep, welcome to the forum! That "BLUE" tractor should actually be orange, it's an Ariens, a pretty tough little tractor in it's own right. It might actually be the heaviest tractor in it's HP class, they used a WHOLE lot of cast iron in the rearend. Kohler engines and I think maybe the same Sundstrand hydro CC & JD used. Guy who ran the one feedmill in the little farm town I grew up in had one. (little town of 103 people had THREE feed mills, bar, restaurant, general store, bank, post office, fertilizer co, three trucking co's, general repair shop, church & elementary school)

ScottMac: Nope. That is a casting part number, usually referred to as an R1 numnber (can also be a C1)

Go to the top of the page and click on the Forum FAQ and go to #10 and scan down to the 1x8/9 photo to see where your tag is located...(ps: ya really need to check out all the FAQ including Charlie's CubFaq.com. Lots of info commonly needed info there)

Myron B

Latest posts

Back