• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 22, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtanner

displayname
Donald Tanner
coffee.gif

no Tractor work today for me. I have to look after Bingo for the Lions Club.I do have to find a supplier for a chute for my snow blower and get some parts.Have a Great day.

Charlie...Take it easy and get better!!! I feel for ya. Here it's spring and have been getting the various mowers repaired and tuned up for the mowing season... The 1450 is mowing already. Had to re-engine the Original I use on my Mothers yard. The IH SkidSteer Loader also needed some spring going over. Got to move lots of winter tree fall to the burn pile... Lots "on my plate".

Myron B

Guys I have to ask where I can find a parts list for a 551 snow blower. I need a new chute for my 450 and the 551 is much higher and will fit. so if someone has a 551 and can tell me the part number for the chute I would be happy. Thanks Don T

RE: Donald T's question on a snowthrower chute:

It never surprises me to see people have their questions answered on this forum, but to have an answer within 7 minutes? That's just amazing! (But don't tell Mr Weaver I said that - he has an image to maintain!
rant.gif
)

Morning gang
coffee.gif

once again i stayed out til about 1AM this mornin working on the 125. Took the fenders and rear cover off and was not too surprised but found a nice and dirty hydro and a practically shot trunion. The hydro seems fresh and doesnt speed surge or anything so im stumped on that one
1a_scratchhead.gif

But I got the hydro lever straightend out(Neutral)
and front tires changed. The rear tires are BF Goodrich Silvertowns so i might keep them on there since you dont se very many BFG garden tractor tires
clappy.gif

the only reason id takem off is bc one of them is BADLY in need of a tube and id want a matcing pair.

Don-
Can I ask why you have to replace the chute on that snowblower? Did the original one disappear?

Greg Lippert
He is on the ball for and
old.gif
guy with pain issues. I have neck and a hip replacement and have to medicate myself sometimes.

Ken thanks for that information on the 551 blower chute. I think I will change it to that bigger chute and order the parts I need.I have a Jeep window winder (elect)and plan to use it for chute rotation as I see others have done. here are a few pictures of the repair I had done by the black smith friend.
188986.jpg

188987.jpg

188988.jpg

Just glass blast and paint to do and this will be ready for next fall.I do have to find out what type of fluid to use in the gear box yet, I do plan on taking it apart and cleaning out the old crap that is in there now. Thanks again Ken

It was (is) a duct tape repair job (Don's chute). What Ken didn't mention is that those parts still seem to be available new. I've emailed Don about that. This is a busy place, here, not only what's posted but the individual emails that it spawns.
Hope you're feeling better today, Charlie. Not that we've missed you, but been wondering where you were.
wave.gif

Home of the Plow Special
Art its split right up the middle. I thought I might repair it but will look to see what a replacement will cost before I do. I think this will be great for me with no lifting like I do now with my Snapper walk behind. Lifting kills my neck and I`am not allowed to lift over 15 lbs.
old.gif

Ok guys, y'all remember my screwdriver issue with my rear lift right? Well I really wanted to try anything I could before I started cutting things out so I tried the slide hammer idea and after maybe 30-45 minutes I had it out! So thankfully that incident is dealt with. And I'll leave screwdrivers for turning screws! Looks like from where then shaft bends is almost 2.5" from the tip so there was probably 1.5-1.75" of the shaft that was wedged parallel along side the rod in the casting.

I couldnt come up with a good way to attach the slide hammer and eventually decided to try kinda what I had already been doing - using vice grips as an attachment point and hooking the 2-jaw puller around the vice grips and holding the jaws on with one hand and striking with the other. Had to go back and forth a few times, doing the same arrangement on the rod on the opposite side seemed to help, they were both coming out very slowly. Now to put it back together... and to smooth out those vice grip teeth marks on the rod...

188995.jpg

I do have some more pics of my other cub doing some hard work this weekend I'll post later... but I got to get back out and get this cub back together and running... I got plowing to do!

Tristan, good to see that you have that resolved, and that you didn't have to cut the rod.
thumbsup.gif

Lipp - Yea I got out here a little late.

Donald - Sorry it took so long
biggrin.gif

I wont mention how I'm feeling today.
Had another MRI today , they finally got me up off the table.

Tristan - I got this tooth that's been killin me ...

Hi I looked in FAQ's but no luck. The vault lists every possible combination of words. Where can I find the procedure/install instructions for ign points, points pin for 1200 kohler k301? exam: "install pin with piston at tdc" also need tourque specs for clutch drive plate to engine bolts. Thank you!

If this is a duplicate message pardon me. What is the screw size of the absent screw adjacent to the sparkplug? 1450 Cub Cadet. It is identified only as a screw in my parts pages. I don't want to retap if all I need to do is size it properly. Aside: Could this be a part of a front end oil leak?

189003.jpg

Latest posts

Back