Archive through April 21, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me try again. Earlier pictures did not post and were removed. Second attempt. Drip. Cannot find location (Even when mower cleaned. Little if anything on side panels, Inside sidewall of front wheels are covered. Nothing on top. Three days worth. Is this a Fall project after cutting season. Oil is cheaper than taking the mower out of service and /or sending it out.

188953.jpg

Gary, that appears to be a Quiet Line which has a rubber ISO mounted engine. The rubber bushings wear out and if not caught in time can cause the oil pan to rub which can cause it to wear thin in locations and/or can cause the mounting bolts to bind and crack the pan.

KENtuckyKEN
NO you can`t have my loader(even though it would bolt right on). I have made some head way and have the fan installed on the shaft. Now to get it back in and running.

188956.jpg

I just bought a Stens piston and ring set from CC Classics above and it looks great. its replacing a junk china piston I justput in there last year and killed already...

I like the stens.

Gary - Best thing to do is clean it and see where it's coming from. I'd say the poor hydro pump is caked with oil/grass/dust too = no cooling. The engine fins are getting stopped up too I bet.
I think Kraig's got it right about the oil pan leaking. (but check front crank seal too)

You should only be out of commission 1 day turn-a-round.

You know yer gettin' old when you look at a picture like the one Frank posted and think "geez, if she stirs up a bee's nest, she'll be sorry with all that skin showin'" ........
old.gif

Took time out for a sandwitch and a cool one lol, But I`am done with the fan and the 129 is good to go.
188959.jpg

Ken
thumbsup.gif

Kendal, I'll do you one better, when I saw it I wondered if she was responsible enough to be a babysitter for my grandkid.

KENDELL - You must really be a WHOLE lot older than Ken & Me.

Dennis - Kendell just looks at the girls on the beach and wonders how they can lay on that sand half clothed without itching.
R.I.P. Kendell
old.gif

Guys ,look at they way she sits on the QL. That was the first thing I learned open your lage because at wot you pull back on the hydro handle your knees smash into the dash
bash.gif
. I made the wife happy , I hauled two loades of top soil loaded with the 129 and the1512 had trailer duty.I had a good day. rain thursday so no tractors for me. Don T

Marty A. Gwin

Well I don`t like the way the hood came out.I want to repaint that , I do have a full set here for the 129. but it keeps getting set aside and I can use it now. The 149 might get brakes thursday as I have shoes for it just haven`t installed them.I`am in no hurry , must be the retirement thing lol. Don T

Gary S clean it all and check the lines for the front hydraulics for your leak. Check fluid level in rear end and check engine oil levels and see which is going down too fast.

Tiller Help 101
a) does anyone use the center tooth on the cub tillers?
b) has anyone noticed a difference when bolting the lower tiller control arms to the right angle gear box mounting holes when using the lower holes versus the upper holes? Manual say to use lower set of holes when tilling hardpacked ground, but never states what the drawback would be if using them. Why would you not use them all the time?

Don....Uhhhhh, you go ahead and tell her about her legs, I'm in enough trouble already....

Ken and Dennis: You know the old bull was smart enough to WALK down the hill, he also was smart enough to stay outta jail......
clappy.gif

My neighbor told me that they ought to outlaw lights on tractors. Makes for an awful long day.

Rob N - I was wondering the same thing about the center tooth on the tiller. Mine doesn't have a center tooth. (Nope - I'm not going to PO KENtuck with a 'hillbilly' joke about missing teeth...)
err.gif

I always overlap 1/2 of the previous round, so no ground goes untilled.

Lucas D J - The something that now sounds loose might be your wallet, as you buy parts!
clappy.gif

K Ide - I know you said there was a reason for the ever-change spelling of your name, but you've really made me curious. C'mon, share with me - if it's a sensitive matter I promise I won't tell anyone...
shhh.gif

Don T, I didnt do much. Took the starter out of my truck, change the hood, spindles, tie rods front tires, adjusted steering column on my 125 then went to work. Hows that?

Kraig, i actually meant it in a joking way.

Scott T, I likem too but some of us just dont know when to stop buyin 'em i guess
188972.gif

Latest posts

Back