• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through April 21, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtanner

displayname
Donald Tanner
Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos"
i have a small set of driveing lights here that I plan to add a bracket to the 450 blower and put lights on it.I don`t think my grill lights will be enuf light. You could send me over that cab lol I could use that for sure.
clappy.gif
clappy.gif

Josh,, pay attention
clappy.gif

I have a quick question. Just pulled the engine out of my 149. I want to suspend it useing a chain for maintenance. Where is the best place to bolt the chain to the engine?

STEVE YOST
Have a look and see if there 2 brackets on the head for lifting the K

Josh Ott

Well i don`t know what you done today ,but I changed oil and cleaned a carb and installed a fuel shut off so I don`t get a base full of gas again .
bash.gif

And now i`am pulling the drive shaft for a new fan on my loader. One of these days I have to finish this
old.gif

188935.jpg

cool byo

Josh,

Kraig has a Zig-Zag Grill fetish.....
lol.gif

Hey guys, I haven't posted on here in awhile but I am looking at purchasing a diesel powered CC. A restored 782D came up for sale not to far from me. I am going to look at it this weekend. It has 1300 hrs on the meter but only 10 since a "complete" overhaul. It was stripped to the frame and repainted and fresh decals. It comes with a 54" hydralic blade and 48" deck. He is asking $3500. My questions are: Is there any problem areas I should specifically check out on this machine, Does this price seem fair or not, and what do you guys think of the 782D in general? I appreciate it.

Wow just got some new prices for engine bore and clean up, crank undersized, head surfaced.

25.00 to bore and clean, and regrind valve seats
30.00 to undersize crank by .010
65.00 if it needs a sleeve
10.00 shave the head.

I must have been getting ripped off by the first place i was going to go to.

... and Frank isn't too fond of Quietlines, BUT:
188941.jpg
Slant%20Tongue.gif

Gotta go pick up a 129 for a friend, now.
wave.gif

Nice carpet ...

that can't be grass.

Eric - Sometimes cheaper prices mean cheaper work ... be careful

Josh, yes that is a mirror, and I mentioned that it was in that post. That tractor was previously owned by a large corporation in St. Paul, MN. They used it with the cab and a Dexter rotary broom to clear their sidewalks. They had the mirrors and lights for added safety.

Gary - Those invisible pics are hard to see
biggrin.gif

It might be the PTO crank seal or I've had the oil pan/block bolts get loose b4.

Frank A. Currier
i don`t see a thing worng with the operator of that QL lol.

Eric Thomas
I shelled out $60.00 for my last bore .030 on my 149.

joshua donald stertz

drive the 782 D and see how it works. The drive shaft set up is not so good but that can be fixed to last. They are great on fuel .I don`t put much in PO rebuils, ask to see the bills for the work. depends on where you live and where you plan on storeing that Diesel if it will start. But all that can be fixed. I like my 1512 Diesel and I have close to that price in it now.
old.gif

Ok, I know that I am fixing to be flamed, But here goes, are the Stens kits any good. The engine rebuild kit? I have heard they were good.

The reason I ask is to go back with kohler brand parts will run me 3 times what the Stens will, and I just don't have it right now.

bash.gif
bash.gif
bash.gif
I have to slide the K ahead to get the drive shaft out of my 129
bash.gif
bash.gif
This will take longer than I thought.

Donald - If it will help you any then just remove the loader as I have an empty 129 sitting here, no engine to fool with !

Eric - STENS works fer me !

Latest posts

Back