• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 13, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wyatt, sounds interesting. Please post regular updates with photos if possible.
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Carnage-
The oil pump exhibited a failure similar to a filter failure or debris in the pump. I always use WIX 51410 filters without a bypass, and the filter doesn't exhibit any signs of damage, so one of the first orders will be to cut the filter to see what's inside, assuming some sort of oil starvation.

Regardless, the charge pump had a failure, and there's no downstream filtering, so this pump will be considered
banned1.gif

315119.jpg

315120.jpg

Clean room operations are in effect for a new hydro and a little extra displacement showed up in a package!
315244.jpg

315243.jpg

Continuing with the "jack up hood ornament insert new tractor" project:
Engine is being test-fitted and all new driveline to be welded up. Engine will be coming back out for new crankshaft and rods. Engine has a 2016 manufacture date and still has warranty... at least until I put the Super Cub crank in it
clappy.gif
bazooka.gif

315667.jpg

One refurbished hydro with new seals bearings, and parts that all check in spec.
315734.jpg

315735.jpg

Next up is the oil cooler and return oil filter with the parallel project of tearing down the new engine
a_blink2.gif
for a stroker crank. Also need to rework the stock 1864/2082/2284 exhaust; Kohler warns against higher temperatures if smaller exhaust is utilized, so I'll be upgrading from 1.13" OD tubing to 1.5" OD tubing and the outlet will be raised to 2". Not going for anything loud or obnoxious, I still use these daily.

Back