• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through April 11, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve S.
Don't worry about that old decal, just replace it with this one!
257046.jpg

Charlie... Is that why they began installing those darn discharge chutes for protection?
err.gif

Kirk, Bill...Yep, that's the one! Looking for replacement but can't find one...it's not included in my 73 decal set.

Charlie... Is that why they began installing those darn discharge chutes for protection?
err.gif

Kirk, Bill...Yep, that's it! Looking for replacement but can't find one...it's not included in my 73 decal set.

What model tractors have the power steering units that will fit my 982?

I have a 1974 Cub Cadet 149 Hydro that keeps breaking the hard dowel pin that goes through the hub and the drive-shaft at the engine.
I get replacement parts at a dealer, and they are what is spec'd for the 149, but it continues to happen.

I started putting ¼ inch bolts through the slot in the hub and the hole in the driveshaft, and that seems to last longer, but eventually it'll oval out the hub and shaft.

Is there any way to fix this? Any idea if another set-up would work other than what I buy?

Thanks,

Len

Len Stanga

Two things that can cause the pin to break are
1. slot wallowed out in the drive cup; weld that area in or replace.
2. drive shaft hole for the pin is wore and this allows the pin to move around. The shock of using the tractor will break the pin if the pin is loose in the end of the shaft.

Art- I got mail from you yesterday.Thanks so much for the spline to repair my 450 snow blower. I will have it running for next winter for sure now. Thanks
greenthumb.gif

Latest posts

Back