• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 11, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kostendorf

displayname
Keith Ostendorf
I think I'm done adding parts for a while. Thanks Harry and Matt.
257017.jpg

257018.jpg

257019.jpg

257020.jpg

Well I now have a sub frame to get some paint on and try the deck. The 108 as Jeff and Paul said I think you guys are correct. I got a 12 coming from Frank and a 12 won`t fit in the other nf tractor that I planned to add it to. BUT I have a 14 here that I hope I could drop into the 108 ? Is that doable ? I have another that I think is a 102 here with no engine , but a could install a 10 and the creeper on that tractor. So much fun I`am having with these tractors. lol. I bet a 14 would make that 108/128 into a snappy work tractor.

Bill J.,

Everybody sure got into a posting mood since yesterday evening! Here's a closer pic of what I was plowing with in SECOND gear:

257027.jpg

In case you can't read the #'s it's a 128. Enlarge it to 200% and you can see it pretty good.

Marty, that is a fine 128, knew it by the stripes color no need to enlarge.
Does it have lights?

Keith, the weights need a coat of paint now.

Don,

Put the 14hp in the 128.....you will like it!!!

Marty,

128's had 17T second gear sets........perfect for plowing in ANY conditions and IMHO slow for plowing in most conditions. I like a 19T second gear for plowing with 12hp and higher....steps out a little quicker and keeps the pace with the hydros. Just about every Cub (save for the 7 and 8 hp models) should be able to swing a 10" plow in 2nd gear in 90% of the soils...may push a 10hp with a 19T a bit, the everything else should do very well.

Nice looking 128 and good job plowing!

Jeff,

Now you didn't pay attention to my post on the previous page!
bottom.gif
Especially the third pic down.

Steve,

I'm glad it's a little slow. I get to enjoy plowing longer!!
err.gif

Marty, that is nice lighting you have on the 128
clown.gif

Art - It`s just needs paint ,it is UGLY now. But there are no dents or rust. Should be an easy to paint. A new Cub Cadet seat , not correct ; Harry will dock me a pile a points on this Cub !

Steve- I think paint and go through the drive train and then put my spare 14 in it. So that would make it a 148 . sounds like a plan
1AA_dance2.gif

Does anyone know where I can get parts,belts for a 3
point Haban Sickle mower. We were given one from our park dist. at work. Its a cat 1, pto driven one. I need a belt and a manual for it would be great. I looked on line but found little info. I have a model and serial number for it. I called our local cub dealer and he said they didnt deal with Haban parts. Any help is much appreciated, a phone number or a web site would be great. You can send it to my e-mail because its probably on the edge of off topic. But a least i'm not giving anybody the bird.(Sorry Greg had to mention it)

Keith,

86 has a black and gold stripe
108 and 109 have a black and green stripe
128 and 129 have a black and red stripe
149 and 169 have a black and blue stripe

Thanks Jeff, I saw one in town by me that I want to check on but can only make out the decal and not the numbers. Looks just like the 128 seat and all. Sitting in a pile of junk.

Marty that 128 is awesome. What kind of wax do you use? And how do you keep the tires so clean?

Thanks "Digger" I saw that site earlier. Just thought I would ask. I was hoping maybe someone would have a more direct answer. I'll look into that site.

Man!
Throw a link up and guys come flocking to join a group.
I've approved 11 new guys tonight, in 4 of the groups I own or moderate on.
biggrin.gif

Keith - glad we were able to help you out. Makes for a nice set up, and it's a fine looking tractor.

Keith and Bill J - details, details, details. You guys better look again at the date stamp of Marty's pic. I think it tells the story of why it looks so clean. It is a fine looking gear grinder tho.

Latest posts

Back