• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

A Disappointment

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A local seller offered a 127 for sale as "restored." I would like a hydro narrow frame so I thought I had found a possibility. Stated he had gotten the tractor as sandblasted parts on 2 pallets at an auction. All parts were with it according to seller.
Started and ran good. Way louder than my 122. Steering was tight and heavier than my 122. New non stock seat. Tires looked very good.
Rattle can spray paint job was fairly well done. Lots of scratches in the paint I presume where lookers have gotten on and off of the tractor. He did not apply any decals though a picture in ad showed decals in place on one side of the hood. ???Deception.
He had not properly adjusted hydrostatic system as lever required a hand on it at all times to maintain position to move forward. He seemed to think that was the design of the system.
It had a new wiring harness but neither the headlights nor ammeter were connected. He did not apply information sticker to the dash. Had put a dummy switch in place of the plug where optional cigarette lighter would go.
Many non stock and mismatched screws and bolts throughout the tractor.
I left it where it was.

A local seller offered a 127 for sale as "restored." I would like a hydro narrow frame so I thought I had found a possibility. Stated he had gotten the tractor as sandblasted parts on 2 pallets at an auction. All parts were with it according to seller.
Started and ran good. Way louder than my 122. Steering was tight and heavier than my 122. New non stock seat. Tires looked very good.
Rattle can spray paint job was fairly well done. Lots of scratches in the paint I presume where lookers have gotten on and off of the tractor. He did not apply any decals though a picture in ad showed decals in place on one side of the hood. ???Deception.
He had not properly adjusted hydrostatic system as lever required a hand on it at all times to maintain position to move forward. He seemed to think that was the design of the system.
It had a new wiring harness but neither the headlights nor ammeter were connected. He did not apply information sticker to the dash. Had put a dummy switch in place of the plug where optional cigarette lighter would go.
Many non stock and mismatched screws and bolts throughout the tractor.
I left it where it was.
Well-done Rich to recognize the weaknesses of this case and to walk away.
Sounds like a hack job reassembly and a deceitful seller both. Buyer beware!
While craftsmanship and attention to detail certainly matter, the lack of honest seller transparency is frankly disturbing.
Your next Cub is still out there somewhere!
🚜💨

Keep reading here,remember their is no dumb question?The more knowledge you have when you look at tractors will save you time and money.Their is a lot of members here that started out just like you.They have the knowledge and are willing to help.This will help weed out the overpriced problem Cubs out there.You will grow a passion for this hobby,like the rest of us

Latest posts

Back