• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Contaminated Hydraulic oil,

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamarks

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Jack Marks
Someone on this site surely will give me the advice I seek!!
I have a 354 IH Utility tractor that I was adding Hydraulic fluid to,, and I was distracted while doing so,, when I realized that the Five gallon bucket of fluid had a crack in the lid,, you guessed it WATER in the fluid, not sure how much of the contaminated fluid went in but whatever!!
I had to get the tractor off the road, so I’m sure the whole system is contaminated!
I’ll drain the system but should I “maybe” run some kerosene through it to flush it out??
Any help appreciated

You may have to drain and refill a couple of times to get all of the moisture out. I had a Cub that had a milkshake for hydro fluid. I used cheap Tractor Supply fluid to flush it out, and once I saw consistent clean fluid, I changed filters to OEM, and went with genuine Hytran oil. It's been working good and quiet now for 3 years.

Kerosene may damage seals and o-rings in the system.

Yes I figured I’d need to flush it out with fresh fluid, I just thought some sort of solvent solution might be a good idea also!
Thanks for your reply!

Latest posts

Back