• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Hydraulic Lift not working with Snow Thrower

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Thaler

I have a Model 782 IHCC and last year when I attached the 42" snowthrower (ST) it lifted and moved easily with the hydraulic lift, this year is just makes noise? Could it be low fluid level and if so the the transmission and lift system share the same fluid reservoir? I have not seen anything under the tractor beyond a few drips. When the ST is not attached the lift mechanism does move and if I stand on it, it will lift me. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Eric

Hi Eric,

The transmission and lift system share the same fluid reservoir. If it is lifting you it should lift the thrower. Is it a QA42A? Is the cam on the side allowing for full lift? It might be set and limiting the lift. If set for full lift; there must be something binding on the thrower.

Remove lift link from the tractor and thrower and see if you can pick up the thrower by hand. If not there has to be something binding on the thrower. If it's easy to pick up; it could be a bad relief valve in the hydrostatic transmission or it needs adjusting for the proper pressure. I'm doubting it's this because it can lift you.

I'm betting it's the cam not adjusted for full lift. :)

J, Thanks so much for the response. This is helpful. We have an H-42 snow thrower, which must weigh close to 200lbs. See attachment. I must be hooking it up differently than last year or not getting something correct. I have not moved the cam from last year so I will recheck the hook up this afternoon.

Attachments

• IMG_4573.jpeg
    IMG_4573.jpeg
    56.6 KB · Views: 74
Back