• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 07, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lkortkamp

displayname
Larry
New guy here with recent purchase, 1972 149 Hydro/hydraulic, clean well cared for machine.

Had a '66 100 way back, got rid of it about 12 yrs ago(sadly) and been wanting to get another CC for a few years now. Came across this one while out riding the scooter over the weekend. Brought it home tonight, bit late for pics, so get them later.

Hope to find a snow blade for it by next winter.

Larry K.
Welcome to the forum and by all means!
DON'T FORGET THE PICS.
beerchug.gif

Charlie,
The 147 loader did a full pull at Travis's. I got over 210 feet. I think only 2 others when that far and one was a fancy pulling tractor.
149461.jpg

More tire research: Carlisle sells 7-12 tires. They are an 1.2inches taller and 1 inch wider than 6-12 tires. I am still seeing if a local place will have the Duro or Cheng Shins...

Charlie & Terry: That cub needs to install a longer steering column!
happy.gif
That is what I did with my 125 and it is awesome.
happy.gif

(I found mine on ebay, I think that longer steering column is a stock cub cadet part but it must have been for a different year or something??)

morning guys i might be bringing home another 982 today with all the bells an wisels it needs some help thou i might be getting it cheap maybe 150 i'm going to offer him that he told me to make an offer he not sure if it runs or not i will find out today i'll keep you guys posted

I used a 1650 steering colum on my 147 worker. It makes using the 147 so much better. Is about 2" longer. Would recomend it on any worker tractor. Just my 2c Luther
149465.jpg

Mike M.,
You posted a question yesterday - and here's the answer.

Yes, there was a hydro before the 105 - the 123.

And yes there were gear drives after the 1x4 and there were gear drives in the WF's. The 73, 106 and 126 were gear drives and in WF's, the 86, 108, 128, 800, 1000, 1200. The 1100 and 482 were gear drives, but used a Peerless transmission.

Guys, I'm sort of new to this Cub thingy, so did I get that right?

The wide frame cc's with the gear drive would they be a heaver tractor? And wear do the red and white start on your list?

Mike M: The term Wide Frame only involves a widened front section of the frame to accomodate larger flywheels of the higher HP Kohler engines. From the pedestal back they are the same width as narrow frames, and while the weights may vary some from model-to-model, all gear drives (except the Original) are approximately the same weight...

All IH Cub Cadets were Yellow/White through the Quiet Line series (800,1000,1100,1200,1250,1450,& 1650) and the 1979 model year. Beginning with the 1980 Model year the Red 82 series was introduced and all IH Cub Cadets afterward were Red through the end of IH in 1985. IH Sold Cub Cadet to the wholly owned MTD subsidiary, the CCC Corporation, in June 1981. Begining with the 1982 model year, CCC continued to supply IH dealers with Red 82 series through the demise of IH in late 1985. All Cub Cadets sold through CCC dealers, beginning with the 1982 model year, used the same Yellow/White color scheme that Cub Cadets were known for since 1961 and that continues to this day...

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Before getting access to the forums, new members should be emailed all the basic info and the FAQ's to read.

Does anybody read the front page anymore?

I'm not picking on Mike M. but pointing out that a lot of the info shared recently is on the front page and in the FAQ's.

Keith L.
It's bad enough that we have them use their first initial and last name to register!
Here's the latest example of one that was denied a user ID of Billybobscub.

Anyway, no one ever contacted me (as your blurb said they would), to tell me of my unbelievably horrific error. Maybe it was just too horrific to speak of. ;O)
First initial? Your format? Egads! The shame of it! Tell you what, lemme go get my great grandmothers SSN and her mothers birth certificate, just in case I need those too.....
I'll be back in a few millennium ...... BTW, I own dozens of domains (as in websites) myself, but now I need to go set them up all over again before I do your bidding. It seems I forgot to adhere to the Great-Mega- Bureaucratic-Signup-Standards-Act.
And, to make matters worse, I just learned that, to my great horror, one of MY members left out his MIDDLE initial when he signed up on one of MY sites!! Gotta go hire a firing squad to take care of him! Imagine.. no middle name! Hrrmppffh!
Maybe I'll try again circa 2029..... if I get time. I hope I groveled well enough.
Thanks a lot Admiral - I now feel duly chastised for my horrific error.

Charlie:
We'll sure miss that potential member.......

? on my 1200 engine p.o. painted over engine label all im able to make out is H 7445

after more looking and cleaning the serial number complete is 7445452 in charlies faq i find the first 2 no. are year the next are factory code no other info on engine is the serial enough for parts ordering

Dangit Charlie and i wanted to come back as Pop'sCubs.

Pops

Well, being a "newbie" here, I tried signing up yesterday and found out I couldn't use my usual username I use for all my internet forums.

I DIDN'T read the front page to get all the important information, as it's usually the typical hub-bub. I was coordially informed that I need to use my real name for the screen name. Not my favorite way, but I'll bend if I want to become part of the group.

Some people just don't understand.

BTW, where do you find front end loaders for these tractors? Love that 147!

Larry K,

Loaders are around, just have to really look for them. I've only seen two near me for sale and I bought one of them. The other one is waaaaayyyyy overpriced for me. Gotta go to farm auctions and have other people you know watch out for you.

Back in 2001 I registered on a forum for the first time. It was a Jeep forum and I had just bought a Patriot Blue Jeep Liberty. I registered as LibertyPatriot. I have used that screen name for lots of forums from Jeeps to coffee to mobile phones (HoFo). But, on the Cub forums since it's a little more personal, I like to use my name or having registered here first and then across the street using the same I've come to use "klejeune" on all of the Cub forums. It makes it more personal and keeps things in perspective. We are real people with real feelings and thoughts. The internet can be so watered down and un-real at times, but with a hobby like this where I really do hope to meet some of the members, and I have met a few, I want it to be PERSONAL! So I continue to use my real name.

And for the dude that didn't want to play along, it's his loss. I know Charlie won't lose any sleep over it...
taunt.gif

Latest posts

Back