• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 07, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have never heard of anyone having trouble with using their real name HERE! After having a few cubs we are too broke to have our ID stolen. Never had too worry about it. Most places I wouldn't think of letting everyone out there know where I liveOn the other hand If any of my cub stuff is missing I figure that Keith L is having a good time and it will be back with a full tank of gas and a good story or two.

look what i picked up today
149481.jpg

149482.jpg

149483.jpg

149484.jpg

149485.jpg

M. Reed, After you asked about a puller for the basket pulley I decided it was time to make one in case I needed it. I forgot about one that I made many years ago to use with a gear puller. It clamps on to the pulley hub and has a hole drilled from the side to use a setscrew as an anchor to keep it from sliding off on stubborn jobs. I do not use the hole where the keyway is located to anchor it. I thought you might want a second option,although I'm sure there are many more good ones available.
149488.jpg

Charlie,
Re your last post. Me thinks it's the kind of thing that drove Brian M. over the edge. . .
bash.gif

7-12 that tire size is discontinued... i wrote the ebay outfit about thier 6-12 and it wasnt as tall
sad.gif

I don't know Ray L., If this is true and not sarcasm BTW, I own dozens of domains (as in websites) myself, but now I need to go set them up all over again before I do your bidding. Don't you have to ask.. What's up with that? Like why? That's just my opinion.. you can collect all 12 of them.}

Ok i fixed my shifting problem on the 1200(bent shift fork "thanks mick")but while doing so i was wondering what is this part and what does it do ?
149491.jpg

Steve M.
Looks like the ole girl has been rode hard and put away wet!
But still has great potential to come back strong. Nice find.
thumbsup.gif

Larry K...even though you had rough start...welcome to the Forum. We dont bite<font size="-2">(usually)</font>, but I suspect many of my co-members who live in the mid-west have had it with rain,snow,tornadoes this winter...when the sun comes out, I'm sure someone might even come over and help you out.
wave.gif

Since Opening Day was yesterday here in Chicago, I guess it's time for these.......
Team IHC PLANO
149512.jpg

TEAM IHC AURORA
149513.jpg

Charlie, thanks for the tip on the pto switch, I unplugged it cleaned it again put it back together and walla the starter worked!!

TEAM IHC DEERING
149515.jpg

TEAM IHC
149516.jpg

INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER ATHLETIC ASSN.
149517.jpg

so it runs the rear pto if I had one! thanks charlie

Hey Tom Do you have the dates for those pictures? My boys sure liked them

1910 Team Deering
1913 Team IHC
1917 Team Aurora
1919 Team Plano
1937 Team IHAA

Can you imagine what that jersy would bring on something like ebay!$!$!$!$!$

David C. Heres a pic of what I cobbled together. I did have something very similar to what you do but the nut I had a friend weld on for the bolt broke off, poor weld job. So I improvised and this is the result.

149521.jpg

And I managed to get a few things painted too.

149522.jpg

I still have the white stuff to paint yet. Just to confirm, is the Valspar IH white the right color for a 100? The white on my new decals is a true white while this is more of an off white. Aside from paint and tires the engine is all thats left really, she ran well when I took her apart with no smoke but I'm thinking of lapping the valves and shaving the head a little to true it up. I have to find a good piece of glass for that. What grit of paper should I use for that? Any tips on the valves? Really tempted to pull the pan and see if the balance gears are still in there. Whats involved in removing those?

Latest posts

Back