• If you're having trouble logging into your account , you can Reset Password
Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

Thunderbird e-mail program ????

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

mpatterson

displayname
Mike Patterson
Anyone ever use Thunderbird for their e-mail? I guess Firefox is the one that made it? Was suggested to me as a replacement for my very old Outlook Express e-mail. Any issues with it? I guess its a free service just like G-Mail and those... I am looking for one that I can file my e-mails into folders which I do now in Outlook.
Thanks!

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Anyone ever use Thunderbird for their e-mail? I guess Firefox is the one that made it? Was suggested to me as a replacement for my very old Outlook Express e-mail. Any issues with it? I guess its a free service just like G-Mail and those... I am looking for one that I can file my e-mails into folders which I do now in Outlook.
Thanks!
I've been using it since day one, way back when! Won't switch to anything else either.

mpatterson

displayname
Mike Patterson
I've been using it since day one, way back when! Won't switch to anything else either.
So I'm going to assume there have been no issues with it for you then!!
I never heard of it before today. Yeah, I know I don't get out much! So if I understand it correctly - the "HOST" of my e-mails will stay the same (through my internet provider), but instead of using Outlook - Thunderbird is used - correct? Do you find that it allows you to store stuff in files within the program okay? I currently have like 50 - 60 files divided up into categories on the left in my Outlook program that I drop e-mails into for future reference for the farm - so it works well for me. Thunderbird has this option and its still free? Is there anything you'd like to see change in the program to make it better? I know you say you have used it all along.... but sometimes we just live with things that aren't right or that can't be fixed! lol

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
I have used Thunderbird, it's very similar to the old Outlook (which I much prefer to the new Outlook...) and should be easy to get used to. I used it for a while at work but then had to switch to the new Outlook to be the same as everyone else. Sigh.

mpatterson

displayname
Mike Patterson
I have used Thunderbird, it's very similar to the old Outlook (which I much prefer to the new Outlook...) and should be easy to get used to. I used it for a while at work but then had to switch to the new Outlook to be the same as everyone else. Sigh.
I like that it would be similar to the old Outlook! That's what I'm looking for!

Thanks Charlie & Kraig, appreciate it.

Latest posts