• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Signs of Spring

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Richard.....they say your cheatin'....just because we have the good sense to know where to live year round...I'd call that....well let's not be mean !!!
biggrin.gif

Charlie...I don't know how you do it....my 4 year stint in Milwaukee and a 3 year stint in Chicago cured me.

Charlie
Keep that white stuff up your way please, I am itching to get my bike out.

lonny it was 73 here Tuesday, and the harley sure was glad to get out of the barn. We took a scenic 45 mile ride and enjoyed the early spring flowers.

The snow is melting. Here's a natural snow sculpture I found along the road. Well, it's kind of natural, it was a small mound of snow from a snowplow that's been melting down. I drive past it every day and decided to take some photos of it this morning.

236311.jpg

About the end of the season for oranges, still have a truck load of pink grapefruit I will have to haul to the dump. They are so sweet I hate to dump them but can't eat them since I am on Liptor. Looks like another bumper crop of orages next year as the tree has a million buds.

236348.jpg

Tulips and dafodils blooming here and 83 today with thunderstorms popping up locally. Not good sign for this time of year. Garden planting season soon.

Finally, some signs of Spring.

236939.jpg

PJM Rhododendron above. A few photos of a Nanking Cherry tree below.

236940.jpg

236941.jpg

236942.jpg

The PJM Rhododendron blooms have opened and the Blood Roots are up!

237171.jpg

237172.jpg

I'm giving up!
Last fall we got 2 snowmobiles and a 7 ft. blower for the 240A, and we get no freakin snow!

Last week I snagged a really nice Goldwing Aspencade and it turns off freakin cold again!

But then again, it's only March and up this way, the last 3 years, we've had killing frost between June 11 to the 14th!

This winter we have had a total of 13 inches of snow. 8 degres f has been our low this winter. It has been 70s and 80s for 4 weeks now. Everything is in full bloom. If we should get a hard freeze it would kill a lot of trees and all fruit trees. The bugs are so bad that when driving that you have to keep cleaning the windshield on your vehicle. Not good at all.

More spring flowers.

Blood Root is one of my favorite if not my favorite spring wild flower.

237271.jpg

237272.jpg

Hepatica is nice as well.

237273.jpg

237274.jpg

Tonight's moon. Not a sign of spring but interesting.
dunno.gif

237377.jpg

I had a flock of Cedar Waxwings come (migrate) through last Thursday. Some springs I see them and some I don't. They are a beautiful bird and never stay long enough. I have a lot of ivy vines and they apparently like the berries. I can't get a decent picture with my little Cybershot but the web has many pictures if you don't know how they look.

Maybe Kraig can magically post a pic of one. (???)

There is a reason there is a song about being in Carolina in the morning --especially in the Spring. It is actually a season down here, not a pause between winter and summer. You know it is here when the Dogwoods blossom and the Azaleas burst into bloom.

board-post.pl

board-post.pl

board-post.pl

The pictures don't do the Azaleas justice at all. I could really have used Kraig's camera, and more importantly, his skill.

smile.gif

Latest posts

Back