• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Sheds and Shops

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Richard:
Cushmans stayed home, brought the 1100 and a big "honey do" list..Wife wanted a good washer and dryer, I just finished a week of remodeling, flooring, plumbing, wiring and painting the laundry area, installed the appliances today, did the first load of dirty jeans tonight!!!We've been here since late January (about three weeks late..) plan to stay later than most of the snowbirds. I've got a couple of people I'd like to meet - hoping to go up the Eustice to the Vintage MC swap meet, probably will skip Daytona this year, may go to the Flywheelers..

We saw the area that got stripped in that last big'un - looked like the Axmen went through...

You have been a busy Boy and I hear ya' on the honey do list. A pic. of the laundry would be appropriate. Grin.

Poured the apron at 7:30 so the rain will not bother, but enhance the slab. I did put down plastic where the rainwater comes off of the eaves to prevent any "rock showing" in the new pour. Seems to me that in the "Day" the concrete guys used to work up a "cream" of cement to work the finish off of............to avoid stones showing.........

Anynow......... I wanted to make it to the Freewheelers weekend but just cannot make it happen this year.

Richard

Poured apron. Gutters are being installed tomorrow.

185926.jpg

Cushmans......... I remember RECEIVING my first memorable KISS in the back of a Cushmam Mail cart circa 1968. LOL.

yikes.gif
}}

Got a good start on my new cub shed. We poured the concrete today. The space is 15x30 in the side wing of our barn. A wall will go in the back, and all walls will be insulated, a roll up garage door will go on the front, and it will get its own electrical service. Can't wait to get it finished, it will beat working on the dirt floor.

249674.jpg

249675.jpg

249676.jpg

249677.jpg

249678.jpg

249679.jpg

Lucas, that's great, and I'm happy for ya! A solid surface, be it wood or cement is much more pleasureable to work on than God's own earth. (He didn't have a tractor). A solid surface makes it a lot easier to find things you drop!
happy.gif

You must've been planning this for awhile - you resurrected an old thread! Way to go!
thumbsup_old.gif

Is that the CEO (Code Enforcement Officer) or CEO (Chief Executive Officer) in the second pic?
happy.gif

Hope I'm not getting off the path with this post, but here is a cool website that has a program on it where you can design your outdoor carport or shed. It's pretty slick with drag and drop windows and doors - with an estimated cost.

Here's the link: http://www.carolinacarportsinc.com/

We see a lot of these steel carports and buildings in my neck of the woods. Some say they won't hold up to the higher winds or snow loads, but I rarely see one damaged except by a driver backing into the side of it trying to park.

Another reason folks use these is they are not so costly and for me the attraction is in my crap neighborhood, one doesn't want to invest to much $$$'s into the place unless you want to loose $$$'s on the resale someday when we move into the mansion, sell all the tractors and buy all new JD and Kubota tractors...
angel.gif
bottom.gif
censored.gif
fan.gif
banned1.gif

FRANK - Having worked EXCLUSIVELY on or over grass or crushed rock when I was younger, the privledge of working on concrete is really great.

You actually can find parts you drop or have fall out of your hand as opposed to looking for them for an hour.

LUCAS - You get a little heat of some sort in that shop and you can spend many many enjoyable & productive hours in there.

Wish Richard would post back about how his shop is progressing. His 1X9 (129 or 149, I can't tell) looks lonely in there.

Lucas, enjoy your floor, I hope to do the same in a few years...

Lucas, looking good! Should make for a nice Cub work shop.

Frank C, that's grandma asking us if we want some fresh baked cookies.

Walked on the floor for the first time last night, it was cool, I never thought it would get done.

Lucas J.
I don't wanna tell you how to do YOUR shop, but if it were me.
I'd leave those swing open doors. They come in handy when you want to have just a little light or air coming in, by opening one at a time.
Also, your going to lose ceiling space inside in case you want to build a gantry style lift system or lighting.
Just my 3 cents.
biggrin.gif

Dennis, "Having worked EXCLUSIVELY on or over grass or crushed rock when I was younger" .....and there was ALWAYS a hugh rock by your head and a shape one by your a$$.
censored.gif

Very nice Lucas!!

Dennis, I hurt my back last year and have not been able to do much of anything useful.
a_weep.gif

Here is what it looks like presently.

249798.jpg

249799.jpg

249800.jpg

Richard I see your 129 but what is the fender/set pan in the background for? are you restoring you 149?

RICHARD - Looks like you've "Moved Into the shop" just fine. Sorry to hear of your back problems. Hard to be active when every movement you make is painful.

Jeff,

Yes the 149 is in boxes and bags awaiting a refurbish.

Dennis, thank you for the kind words.

Charlie, the rollup door for the front has windows, and the side has two two piece doors and two small windows (used to be horse stalls. I don't plan on a lift system, I won't do anything to make the ceiling space to low.

I need to go get some pictures of the floor now that its finished, and smooth. We estimated it at 4 1/2 yards of concrete so we got five, and the apron outside is over 8 inches thick, the inside is four.

Finally, after 30 years on the road, making some headway on finishing the inside of my shed. This is the inside of the 28'x 18' heated section. It only took me 2 hours to find the corner so I could get started!!! We did the floor and ran concrete around and between the posts when I put it up back in '77. Almost hate to put anything back inside along that wall now!!

My 1st time really working much w/steel siding/roofing and let me tell you, the guys that do it all the time can have it!! If Ya look close you can still make out the blood stains!! ha ha! Worst part was triming around the service panel. The small recepticle under it is for the welder.

Dave S.

250029.jpg

Back