• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Pipe Bending

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright this is getting ridiculous !
Nest #2
81837.jpg

81838.jpg

The first time it was in the shop when I was building it , this time it sat out all year !

Guess what fits ontop of my roll cage ??
Here's a hint ...
81863.jpg

Walleye are runnin and I'n hope'n the storms will hold off tomorrow ! Now if I can just find last year's boat sticker ... I don't think the '05 one will work ;)

Ken; The walleye are nice down here this year. We got some 3 to 5 lb. This warm rain will help. You need a cat to catch the mice.

Luther - I caught a 14 incher just out of sight of the truck. Had to fight a strong head wind and the current with a 40 pound thrust trolling motor. Got back and the battery is kicking out the charger , think it's shorted
sad.gif

Time to get the 48 Johnson fixed and hit the lake !

Kraig - I tried putting a cat in the heater but it wouldn't fit ... 'cause that damn mouse had already rebuilt it's nest over night !!

Then you need to make a 5 gallon mouse trap. I made one for myself and several of them for friends and they work great.

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

* Get a 5 gallon bucket.
* Drill 1 hole on each side of bucket near top.
* Get an old prescription bottle. Although any bottle that twirls will do.
* Drill hole through bottle lengthwise.
* Run a straightened coat hanger through 1 side of bucket, through bottle, and through other side of the bucket.
* Pour a couple inches of water into bucket.
* Smear peanut butter on twirling bottle.
* Build ramp up to top of pail.

The mouse will go up the ramp, smell the peanut butter, make leap for it, and will spin off bottle to bottom of bucket.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

I need to take a photo of mine this is a photo off of the internet. Doesn't look like they have any water in the bucket....

81903.jpg

I had some poison on the carport for a couple of weeks , nothing getting in it. I parked the TOY/boat on the carport lastnight and this afternoon I noticed ALL the poison was gone ... he got hungry
happy.gif

I don't like to use poison, can't really control what gets into it.
yikes.gif

You can if you block it up to where just something as small as a mouse gets in.
I fix it to where our ground squirrels can't get to it.
At this point I'm ready to try trip wires and C4
bazooka.gif

Before you go that route give the 5 gallon mouse trap a try, they really do work well. Seems that mice cannot resist peanut butter. I have not yet determined if they prefer creamy or chunky peanut butter however....

Smooth goes down easier than chunky ... but this too shall pass ....
bouncy.gif

Kraig-
Neat idea on the trap, but how do you get your pills out of the bottle if it's smeared with peanut butter has a wire through it????
confused.gif

<font size="-2">(Jeeze, I'd get real crabby in a hurry if I had a headache and that was where we kept the Advil!)</font>
rant.gif

Art, not my idea, I heard about it several years ago on Garage Logic, Joe Soucheray's radio show. Ummmm, I always use an empty pill bottle, teachers....
screwloose.gif

Well...ya got to think about the therapeutic effects of both first:
PB on the bottle......
yawn.gif

C4 and tripwire.......
poof.gif
thumbsup_old.gif

In an old outbuilding I had at our old place I hung a 5gal bucket from an old horse drawn wagon tongue that had a bolt in it. I just hung the bucket up there to keep it out of my way. I needed the bucket one day and took it down... nasty!!!! It had several mouse carcasses in there. I had no kind of lure in there either, just the empty bucket hanging from the trailer tongue.

In our barn we have this 3' length of clay sewer pipe standing on end. We have a mouse problem since all of our cats got old and died. My dad got this fancy mouse trap and set it out, and when it started to smell really bad, he checked the trap. Nothing in there, but the sewer pipe had 6 dead mice in it.

A couple years ago I started to use RV antifreeze in the bucket so I could use it in the garage and shed during cold weather. Works well except when it gets below zero, then even the RV anti freeze turns into a firm slush. I kept using the RV antifreeze even in warm weather as it doesn't evaporate as quickly and it seems to stay fresher then plain old water.

Keith-
Keep in mind, once one mouse was dumb enough to fall in there, your "trap" could then be considered "baited". <font size="-2">(...with dead mouse carcasses)</font>

Kraig-
I bet I may have a source for new, unused pill bottles if ya need any. LOL!
happy.gif

Latest posts

Back