Pipe Bending

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ken - Do you know the trick to get good heat out of a Toyota? Keep the overflow bottle 1/2 full. Otherwise the heater core gets air trapped in it. I changed thermostats trying to get more heat out of mine, then my brother-in-law told me about the overflow bottle. I tried it, and now the heater will roast you!

I gotta show this. It's the hole in an arch lintel. I mirrored it and put the 2 pics together.

71121.jpg

I took the ol lady out in the forest today to show her an arch I found yesterday. I took the pics @ 7.1 meg so it's hard getting them down to the posting limit.

71122.jpg

71123.jpg

71124.jpg

Found signs of a bear ...

71125.jpg

... went home !

Ken
Thats very interesting and looks like that was some big bear claw scratches. I would of been out of there in a hury.
Cody

kentuckyken
i dont know if thes is the proper place BUT what would you reccomend on the hydraulic pump?ive been trying to figure it out i was thinking of trying the same location on the cub for the heck of it!I found one on that site you reccomended that is in the range of 1800-3000 rpm two stage with something like 2500 psi but it says 5 horse minum.all im going to do with the blessed thing is use it to lift/lower a plow and possibly the tiller.i looked on ebay for an original setup but didnt find but one that was priced well over the cost of a new pump.........
help.gif
advice please
confused.gif

Oh yes and by the way great pictures!that top one reminds me of some death metal album cover. the arches are great.i lived in tennessee for about 8 rainy months quite a while back and i went up to the cumberland gap to a place called honymoon falls it was beautiful.forgive the spelling if its wrong.its pretty cool on this fourm you get them beautiful forrests with plenty of moisture and maybe snow,others have snow blowers(what the heck is that)and tons of snow and ice and i live in the middle of the california mojave desert half between vegas and crappy LA where for the past two fridays we got a brief rain,to you small sprinkle, the first that i can rember for about a year!!! anyway thanks for the pictures

Jason - The best advice I can give ya is contact Terry Bush as to how he mounted his pump on his 147 one arm loader.
I'd put it off the engine. Hydraulic pumps are a little to big to run out the back and not be in the way.
If you want to run it out the back , check with Donald Tanner as he was putting his loader pump on the hydro stub shaft.

KENtucky, sorry about posting this in your space.
happy.gif

Jason, here's a hydraulic pump setup that Craig De Long did on his Cub:

71460.jpg

71461.jpg

71462.jpg

Here's the description:

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

I have just added Aux. Hydraulics to a 147 by connecting a 4 gal. per minute pump to the output shaft of the hydro. Seems to work quite well so far. I replaced the tin cover on the rear housing with a 1/4" plate and mounted the pump on the rear of it. Hyd fluid is drawn out of the rear assy., thru a filter and into the pump. Rear housing is acting as the tank and after going thru pump and valve, fluid is dumped back in the rear thru another fitting in the plate. Its a bolt on unit that fits quite well under the seat but you have to remove some of the tin in the under-seat compartment. If anyone knows any problems this can cause the hydro ....please let me know. I'll try and post a photo if I can figger it out!
C. DeLong
Well thanks guys, had the idea in my head for quite a while now, finally got around to working on it. Pump is from Northern, can get quite a few
differant volumes-pressures, all mount same. Valve is three spool eaton 6 gal. per minute. Filter mount is off 85 Ford 6.9 diesel fuel filter, ports
rebored and retapped, fitted with napa 1244 hyd filter (for small size). Pump is coupled with hollow shaft bored 5/8" hydro end and 1/2" with key slot and set screw on pump end. Whole arrangement is quite simple to build. <!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Kraig - Give me some elbow room
biggrin.gif

I was looking through the archives but I didn't find that one ... I remembered it but couldn't remember who done it. That's a slick setup.

Hey, everybody is posting junk in the wrong place this week ... see the noobs first post in "Lawn Tractors" ... been a member for over a year and his first post ends up in there.

Thank both of you.
that is a really neat setup maybe ill try to get ahold of craig

Cristopher - I fixed the no heat problem ;)
73785.jpg

I also put on a jock strap and cup to protect my gears.
biggrin.gif

73786.jpg

I had to put my old square LED tailights back on. Those marker lights just aren't bright enough for daylight use. I kept the markers to use as turn signals.

Oh, great - now we got homeless mice ....JUST BEFORE CHRISTMAS
thumbdown.gif

KENtucky, that reminds me of the time years ago when I was driving my sister's 1974 Dodge Challenger. I turned on the heater and I heard a rather loud THUNK then a newly dead mouse came flying out of the floor vent.

73796.gif

Ken, wow - that's pretty good. Reminds me of when I started my Wheelhorse D-200 up last winter to move some snowbanks. There was fur everywhere! Apparently the little critters thought the flywheel housing made a good housing complex. I'm really glad they didn't decide to feast on the wiring.

My 'yota might be as bad. Every time I turn the blower on, I can hear something rattling around in there...

Kendell - You know that DVD I sent you today ... don't let the mouse out of the box when you open it ! You really think I'd leave a mouse homeless this time of year ...

Kraig - I guess it was better than the defroster vent ;) Although SPLAT! all over the windshield would have been cool !

Christopher - You've probably got a nut in there left by a mouse... or a mouse skull.

if all you want is hyd. to raise a plow try this. All the time i get power trim pumps off junk boats for free. Mercruiser power trim pump is 12 volt easy to use automaticly holds load up 1 wire to ground one hot for up another one for down. Gust have to watch whitch hose to use for up&down.Up presure is 2750 psi with automatic holding down is 750 psi. It's about 6"x6"x10" more than adiquit for any atachment you need to lift normally. Pluss best part I like is FREE. Doug in Taxas

Latest posts

Back