• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Pipe Bending

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kweaver

displayname
KENtuckyKEN
Anybody have one of these cheap pipe benders like Tractor Supply , Harbor Freight , Northern Tool ... sells and can you actually get a GOOD bend ?
50297.jpg

because this is what I get with the rollers at ANY width position
50298.jpg

I have GOT to get good corners even if I have to get someone to bend corners for me and mail them.

Yea KENtuck,
Had a 16ton I sent back. Thought it would do exhaust pipe then read on Northern Tools site-Not for bending exhaust pipe. For black or galvinized sch40 pipe.

Considering where they're made, I guess you'd need metric sched 40... (maybe you're supposed to pack the pipe with rice???)
yawn.gif

Ken- try using a Hosfeld bender much more control and uses dies to keep the tube in place or if ya have an electrican friend ask to borrow his Greenlee Hydraulic Conduit Bender.

Few ppl know this but I blew off $24k kast year and didn't buy crap for the shop. I wouldn't have a need now except I want to build this truck up to get away from the crowd. So ... now I can only afford the crap tools!

Ken-
Seriously - and I know you've been at metal work a lot <u>more</u> than I have (although if yer only as old as ya said, I mighta been doin' it longer) have you tried packing damp sand in the bends?

Kendell - we built a 3 wheeler that way once at vocational school (60hp), didn't want to do it again. Although I do still do that when I need to heat and bend PVC.

There's not much you can get me on
happy.gif

Kendell - What's your onion er I mean opinion of that bender? Looks good in the pdf he sent.

I can't see a lot of detail, but it looks like enclosed style forming die that slides along the pipe or slides the pipe through. That's pretty much like the high$$ benders like the muffler shops use. I'm guessing that the problem with the open style Clarke is that all it's doing is "breaking the back" of the pipe, since there's no former to keep it in shape. Keep us posted, (kinda cute that they'll tell ya where the dies can be bought when you buy their plans.....)
I vote a possible
thumbsup.gif

I already knew where to get the dies 'cause I was reading a build up a guy in Washington did on his Toy and be bought the plans and ordered dies. That was a couple of years ago. I tried to get a little knocked off the die prices, here's the reply,"Ken, No specials currently. Demand on these is such that we're building to order. Haven't seen stock in 2 years! Just give a call and let me know what you need. Thanks, Jim"
Here's the price spread - $150 - $265 for standard dies. They only list up to 1.5". There goes my 6" DOM roll bar.
yikes.gif

Ken, how you doin with your sched40 pipe bender? Been a while since u mentioned it. Suspect your Toyota rebuild now primary mission. A.

uhhh .... it'd been better if ya hadn't asked!

I was out there one night in bad pain with my back but I had to go "play" so I welded up the frame ... backwards! Not cut it apart yet to turn it around. I was so involved in keeping it square and parallel that I never looked up at the top of it to see how I had it turned. It looks so good I hate to cut it ;(
I'll take a pic later , camera's in the house.
I've got the stump out of the Toy rear to put in a Locker and I had to order the spider gear shaft then turn around and order the 2 carrier bearings. The bearings are due in tomorrow @ a little over $80! I'm getting tired of buying parts! About to loose interest too. If I get it together and on the road I'll have Cermax in the rear and in the transfere case when I install the slower lowend gear. Taking out 2.28:1 and installing a 4.71:1. Oh and Cermax in the engine too
happy.gif

the uprights with the tabs and the holes to one edge are turned 180* WRONG!!! Uh what'd ya say ? I can't hear ya, I had my head up my
53238.gif
and I got
53239.gif
in my ears.
53240.jpg

Here's that bad race
53241.jpg

It sure looks pretty though. You could take it to an art gallery and put a $1500 price tag on it.

Ken - cut the box sections right below the tabs and flip 'em??
lazerburn.gif

Latest posts

Back