• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Look what followed me home

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this followed my friend and I home to her house in ILL from Spring Green, WI

290261.jpg

Jeff, nice! Wait, what were you doing North of the Cheddar Curtain?

Jeff,
Nice lookin' 149. Looks like a keeper for you, not your friend.
biggrin.gif

Ok Cheddar Curtain fans,
Next Sunday, Packers at Bears. Who's gonna prevail? Rodgers should stick to his "discount double check" and hang out with his buddies Hans and Franz.
err.gif
Da Bears..........(Hey goes with Cubs, right?)
lol.gif
Ribbin' over now, LOL.

They didn't exactly follow me home,b ut they were brought from South Dakota as a gift to me from my wife's aunt and uncle. Nice surprise! I got a SS500 Brinly drag spike harrow and a CC525 Brinly cultivator. I’ve seen many cultivators, but this was the first drag spike harrow I have seen in person. It came with 13 spikes and an equal number of clamps and wedges. The owner's manual shows 14 spikes, so I guess I’m looking for at least one more. My wife’s uncle threw a coat of white paint on the pieces to pretty them up, but I’ll give both pieces a proper restoration one of these days.

290399.jpg

290400.jpg

Lot of stuff follows me home, but I've never had one of these! Nice little AC diesel ( I know it's a Jap tractor). I love the transmission, Hi Low and really, really Low. Has a cat 1 three point.
1240 hrs on the clock, was smoking white heavily and missing a bit. I rolled the dice and looks like I did OK. One injector was loose and gummed up inside.
Rebuilt all three injectors and it runs like a top. A few cosmetic and electric tweeks and it will be ready to work again.

291776.jpg

291777.jpg

291778.jpg

Now, Build a 1066/1086 style grill for it and paint it RED.......
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Nice tractor Rick! I wondered what you had up your sleeve when you said that you were going to "look" at something in a recent post...
cubwinker.gif

Which motor does that have in it?

Hmmmm Red...have to think on that.
I was considering making it a mini D21 Allis.
I did not mention it has steering brakes AND diff. lock.
The motor is a Toyosha 1.0 ltr (61.27 ci) rated @ 18 hp.
Now if Mike Masheris will chime in turbo considerations I might get busy.
I see fleabay is chuck full of Smart car turbos but its confusing where a person would start.
This thing is WAY big for anything I need...but I did NEED another toy...LOL!
Whatever I do with it, I enjoy tinkering and fixing....keeps me mostly sane.

Rick,
Nice Allis. Good to see you got a smoker. Looks like it was taken care of before you snagged it. I'm thinking a turbo, some ags, a plow, and some dirt to drop the plow into..............
1AA_dance2.gif
Lotta Cat 1 stuff out there. I do like Steve's plan. IH red..
thumbsup.gif

Only because a forum member caught me in the act.
biggrin.gif

It is official, I have a smoking problem.
Picked up a 1512 from the almost original owner. He bought it in the late '80's.
A little rough around the edges, but 780hrs on the clock and the inerds have been kept up religiously.
Blower, power angle blade,50" deck, chains, manuals oil & fuel can all included with a stack of receipts from the years.
Even some NOS parts that he had bought "just in case".
I'm starting to love Zero turn mowers, they help get tractors like this on the market!

I would like to pause and give thanks for my trailer tires for their 24th year of service. One more year and I promise you can re-tire (har har).

This solves my dilemma with the AC 5015...Move over Allis...you gotta go!

291956.jpg

291957.jpg

Nice job Rick !!! Glad the trip went well for you. Great looking 1512. Now you need a turbo.

Rick B---welcome to the smoker club
deadat30.gif
! Not that kind of smoking! We need an emoticon for the diesels. Sounds like you got a sweet load. You know what, when I picked up my 1772 CubKub it was because te original owner had traded it in on a Ferris zero turn smoker. Many thanks to Earl for trading that machine in. You'll have to start a thread in the MTD/CCC machines section so that we can keep up with the "developmental" progress of this little beast. Are you planning to use it over the winter? Is there anything pressing that needs to be done right away?

Latest posts

Back