• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

What models are Cyclops

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Shelby

IHCC Supporter
Looking at buying a Cyclops with missing decals. Model is 141691100. Hours are reasonable but has some front end damage. Any idea what model this is and what Cyclops models I can get front end parts from?
Also, I understand there’s a pretty comprehensive book that goes over the various Cub models over the years. Could someone help me with the name of the book so I can buy one?

Attachments

• IMG_0369.jpeg
    IMG_0369.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
Hi Mark, you,ll see a fair number of Cyclops with two bolts in opposite sides of the hood because the interior brackets failed. About 6 inches apart. There are also a lot of grill failures and a lot of clever ways of repairing. I've been looking for a grill, my headlight brackets are broken off but I'm being patient. I missed a 2082 selling for $400 for parts, claimed to have good plastic. If it wasn't 400 miles away......

I've owned numerous Cyclops, never managed to break any plastic but I bought a pair of 2284 this summer that were petty tore up.

I owned an 1862, my first cub with power steering, it was a beast!

Curt

Hi Mark, you,ll see a fair number of Cyclops with two bolts in opposite sides of the hood because the interior brackets failed. About 6 inches apart. There are also a lot of grill failures and a lot of clever ways of repairing. I've been looking for a grill, my headlight brackets are broken off but I'm being patient. I missed a 2082 selling for $400 for parts, claimed to have good plastic. If it wasn't 400 miles away......

I've owned numerous Cyclops, never managed to break any plastic but I bought a pair of 2284 this summer that were petty tore up.

I owned an 1862, my first cub with power steering, it was a beast!

Curt
Yes, sir. The internet makes it a small world, but ya still gotta git there. 😊
There must’ve been so many problems with plastics they got away from it.

What makes you think they got away from it?
The new ones still have plastic hoods and the rubber bumpers that support them wear holes in the undersides.
A good product to repair that stuff is called Plast-aide.
Check it out.

What makes you think they got away from it?
The new ones still have plastic hoods and the rubber bumpers that support them wear holes in the undersides.
A good product to repair that stuff is called Plast-aide.
Check it out.
I bought a new cub in 2003. It has a metal hood. I looked at a a new XT2 this summer. It had a plastic hood. Ended up buying a Cub zero turn. We have a couple of acres with a lot of trees.

Latest posts

Back