• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Help with ID-ing Cub Model and Rear Hitch type?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erik Rodstrom

Hi All,

I've been looking for a small garden tractor to help with minor driveway grading fixes and to help me put in a small backyard orchard on a somewhat sloped 1-acre cabin property with about a 1/2 mile easement driveway.

A neighbor with a larger tractor will be coming through with a box blade once in a while to so larger grading maintenence, but in between I'd like something smaller that can do smaller spot fixes as my problem areas are actually quite small and the big tractor would be overkill to bring every time I get a rut in "that spot".

I've come across what I believe is an original
Cub Cadet from looking at the forum, but want to confirm that with the group, and was hoping someone could tell me what I'm looking at in the back in terms of it's hitch setup.

It does not come with any attachments other than the front plow which is attached, and it does have a double wheel setup which I like for my sloping property. It needs a battery and looks like it is missing the air filter and cover. He is asking $700.

Any and all thoughts/advice regarding price, what type of hitch it has, rear grading attachments, and confirming tractor model would be very appreciated!
IMG_9314.jpeg
IMG_9315.jpeg
IMG_20240314_150237.jpeg

Yes, that's an Original, but WOW, what a mess.
I personally wouldn't dive into it, especially for $700 unless you're willing to go through what's been done, make sure everything works properly and clean up the wiring... Hopefully he has the air cleaner and it was just not on the Cub when he took the pictures, instead of running it without one...😬

I've never used a front blade for grading but I'd imagine with it set just right and some practice, it'd suffice.

Yes, that's an Original, but WOW, what a mess.
I personally wouldn't dive into it, especially for $700 unless you're willing to go through what's been done, make sure everything works properly and clean up the wiring... Hopefully he has the air cleaner and it was just not on the Cub when he took the pictures, instead of running it without one...😬

I've never used a front blade for grading but I'd imagine with it set just right and some practice, it'd suffice.
Thank you! Yes, the price seemed high to me as well - I probably would be uncomfortable grading w that front plow and had been looking at small rear attachment grading tools. Not sure what hitch it has back there though!

It's a tiller gearbox mount.
There's so much wrong with that poor thing!!!!

That's a 150.00 tops machine, only if it runs. Just sayin.
It did seem like a high price, although pickings have been slim near me - as it is, this one is about 4 hours away but conveniently near my inlaws for a grandparent visit. Thank you for the feedback!

You aren't kidding... I just did a FB and CL search within a 100 mile radius of your town and there ain't jack diddly squat... and I even looked at other models...😬

I'd suggest posting a wanted ad on both, checking out auction sites and going around to any small engine repair / sales and putting in a word.

While manual transmissions are great, I'd look for a hydro for the speed flexibility...

a drag harrow and a rear-mounted blade (that can be angled) are rather useful for unpaved/gravel driveway/lane maintenance.

dozing snow on pavement with a manual lift is work enough (a serious upper-body workout) that i have no interest in grading soil with my blade.

good luck and best wishes, Erik !!! 🚜💨

Thank you all for the feedback - my instincts agree with all of these messages. Price too high for condition, etc.

Sounds like the existing hitch wouldnt help me much either, so I'd be purchasing a hitch plus attachments, adding even more cost.

Hi All,

I've been looking for a small garden tractor to help with minor driveway grading fixes and to help me put in a small backyard orchard on a somewhat sloped 1-acre cabin property with about a 1/2 mile easement driveway.

A neighbor with a larger tractor will be coming through with a box blade once in a while to so larger grading maintenence, but in between I'd like something smaller that can do smaller spot fixes as my problem areas are actually quite small and the big tractor would be overkill to bring every time I get a rut in "that spot".

I've come across what I believe is an original
Cub Cadet from looking at the forum, but want to confirm that with the group, and was hoping someone could tell me what I'm looking at in the back in terms of it's hitch setup.

It does not come with any attachments other than the front plow which is attached, and it does have a double wheel setup which I like for my sloping property. It needs a battery and looks like it is missing the air filter and cover. He is asking $700.

Any and all thoughts/advice regarding price, what type of hitch it has, rear grading attachments, and confirming tractor model would be very appreciated!View attachment 156676View attachment 156677View attachment 156678
Hey if it runs and everything works as it should, then just hop on it and use it. JMO.

Latest posts

Back