• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Look what followed me home

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rick,
Nice score on the 1512. She looks to be well taken care of. Welcome to the smoker club!
baldguy.gif
Where did ya find that beauty at? I had to drive to Michigan for mine. Looks like the next cub to strike out the field at Buck Creek next fall? They make nice plow tractors.......

Rick

Your 1512 looks to be in great shape. lucky you to find such a great tractor . You will love the small amount of fuel these 1512 use compared to a gas engine . mine surprises me . just yesterday I hauled my 14' cargo trailer loaded up with my zero turn and all my grass cutting gear and mover it to winter parking. the 1512 did stand up at the start pulling the trailer ,but did the job with no problems. some day I hope to get a smart car turbo and do that mod , now that I have a drive shaft that will hold up to the extra power. enjoy your smoker .

Rick-
That's a great looking tractor. Well done! Now post up some "action" pics once you get a chance to use it.

Thanks guys,
I had to venture 3 1/2 hours over near Chicago. Knowing the history of the machine is so helpful when buying.
The few chances I've had at a diesel they have always been history unknown.
The drive line is all fresh, new rag joints and all. It has the usual 82 series dash wear and loose head lights.
It has more power than traction for sure, those hub caps don't add much weight!

Wait a minute Josh.....who ever said anything about plowing at Buck Creek!
Hee hee.
cubwinker.gif

Oh, did I say Buck Creek. Oops, I meant to say "Luck Kee" not Buck Creek.
smile.gif

Ya did good Rick. They eat driveshafts and that parts done for ya. Pull the tank and clean it and the screen in the tank. All new fuel lines/filters, oil in engine/rearend, and you'll be good to go. And Don hit the nail on the head with the fuel usage. They sip the fuel. Once again, congrats on the smoker. Now you'll want a Super Smoker.
thumbsup_old.gif

Did I mention it was just COMPLETLY serviced with all filters Hytran and new battery? That help$.

Will do on cleaning the tank and screen, I can see that would be kinda ugly after so many years.

That is a great find for sure. I know youve probably read this on here before but Make sure you check the mounting bolts that hold the rear end to the frame especially the front ones that are on the brackets. Usually the vibration of the diesel motor and especially if the driveshaft gets webble-wobble, things come loose on these guys. You don't want the holes to get stripped out on that aluminum housing for sure!
rant.gif

This is my personal opinion but if you are planning to keep this thing long term, I would start watching for a late model CV driveshaft. That was the best modification I ever made to my 1772. I couldn't believe how much smoother that made it. Since your driveshaft is fresh, it will last quite a while but if you come across a CV setup, I'd suggest pickin it up! Check to make sure also that you have the hose insulation on that upper radiator hose. It is amazing how much cooler that piece of insulation causes the motor to run in the summer! Look up my "Finally got a diesel" thread in the MTD section. I cover some of the stuff that I've done. Don T has much more in his "...dog" thread!

Keep us posted...

Thanks Josh,
I'm a novice at 82 series and especially diesels...and I have to admit I have not read up on them that much.
I hope keep this one long term, so I have lots to learn!

Rick,
The diesels are nice little tractors. They are also addicting. I've got five of 'em.
dizzy.gif
Tons of good threads on here, Josh mentioned a couple of them. There are some good upgrades you can do to add to the ease of starting them, too. The glow plug and starter upgrade are two that make a big difference. Now you'll have to give Aaron a call and snag a three point. Good things come to those who wait and it looks like you got a very nice, well taken care of 1512.
beerchug.gif

Steve,
You're holding out on us. I think we need more details and of course, more pics.
thumbsup.gif

At first glance, I thought 782D. But after further head scratching and reading, maybe a 1572 painted red? Hmmmm.
1a_scratchhead.gif

I think Josh has it figured out....
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Steve,
Congrats! Your Dad was driving around a nice 1512 at plowday. Sorry to spill the beans.
facepalm.gif
Can't wait to see some more pics and hear what your plans are for the new to you smoker! Always enjoy the new projects up your sleeve. Think smart turbo..........
Shift.gif

Latest posts

Back