• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

What should I do with this Cub Cadet?!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monica Brandt

Hi. I’m a new member and my name is Monica. My siblings and I have many fond memories of our Dad on his Cub Cadet. Sadly, he’s long passed and we lost our Mom last year. I’ve finally gotten the emotional wherewithal to start unloading their home. Looking for advice on what to do with my Dad’s tractor. It’s been in his shed for years. Thank you in advance. 💕🚜

Attachments

• IMG_0987.jpeg
    7.4 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0988.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0989.jpeg
    6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0990.jpeg
    5.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0991.jpeg
    5.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0992.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0993.jpeg
    12.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0994.jpeg
    12.9 MB · Views: 0
Welcome Monica! You could click on the forum button and post it in the classified/wanted/for sale section. If you don't know what to ask for it you could ask and somebody will try to steer you in the right direction. Sorry about the loss of your parents, is there possibly anyone in your family that may be interested in keeping it in the family?

Monica, I've handled 2 family estates so understand your frustration.The machine is in very nice cond. for it's age (late '60s?).It is very restorable! Original seat,hubcaps,are a plus,mower deck looks good to restore...Might consider paying someone to get it running,it will make a big difference in value...Value seems to depend on where one is ,in Mich. it probably would bring $300 to 600 running.Mechanically these are amazing machines,very well built.That's why it's still around ...An ad on here and on facebook should bring serious interest...I had to sell my grandparents old John Deere at auction,found it rather painful..Best of luck...

As the above post stated you may want to get it to run, it is an early model with the oops pedal and it will have a spring hook on the dash tower to hold the hood down so a collector should want that one more. Serial number will be located on top of the transmission.

122 serial number location.JPG

Hi. I’m a new member and my name is Monica. My siblings and I have many fond memories of our Dad on his Cub Cadet. Sadly, he’s long passed and we lost our Mom last year. I’ve finally gotten the emotional wherewithal to start unloading their home. Looking for advice on what to do with my Dad’s tractor. It’s been in his shed for years. Thank you in advance. 💕🚜
Welcome to the forum Monica. I aquired my grandpa's tractor this winter, and every time I sit in the seat, it's a flood of good memories. I tear up every time I hop on the seat. If you have memories and a connection to the tractor, it's worth paying a small engine mechanic to get it running for you. If all you, or a family member, do with it is pull a yard cart picking up lawn debris, it will be worth the small investment, and tiny bit of space it takes up in the garage or shed. You can't replace it once it's gone. Best of luck in your decision, it's not an easy one.

Latest posts

Back